her new tutor

—

Ryder walked down the school hallway.

It seemed like an expected routine at this point. She was getting bored.

Apparently, she had left early enough last night to miss Sheriff Stilinski getting hit by a car. The way it was described made it seem like the man was dead, but as she walked past Stiles, she knew his father couldn't have been too hurt. While she wanted to question the teen on his fathers health, she didn't want to risk the conversation going any further than that.

So, sending a gentle nod to the boy, she brushed passed him.

Her eyes nearly roll into the back of her head as she hears the murmurs of Scott McCall telling himself to stay away from Allison.

The one thing she could've sworn she warned him not to do.

She truly didn't want to get involved in anymore werewolf business. The last time she had been around was the last time she heard her mother speak. She really didn't want to risk anything, but Scott McCall's stupidity was getting to her.

She knew he had no reason to believe her over Derek Hale. He was an actual born werewolf and as far as Scott knew, Ryder only read about it.

"Stay away from Ryder. Stay away from Ryder. Stay away from Ryder."

"You better stay away from me." She mumbled to herself, knowing full well that he could hear her.

"Hey, Ryder!" An extremely over exaggerated voice chirped in her ear. It took all of her strength not to shove Lydia's face away from her.

"Hello, Lydia."

The strawberry blonde frowns, "Why so down?"

"I'm just not really in the mood right now." She spoke, praying g the girl would leave her be, Lydia could only squint at her. It had been about two days since they had last seen or spoke to one another, the Martin girl suddenly didn't feel the need to tease her.

"I won't do anything bad. I actually wanted to say how much i missed you during my days off."

Ryder walked faster, hoping Lydia's six inch heels would slow her down. Thankfully, another voice broke in just in time for Ryder to avoid answering.

"Hey, Ry." Austin smiled, his smile dimming a bit but it very much still present as he glanced to the girl next to her, "Lydia."

"Austin." The green eyed girl nodded back, looking him up and down before turning her focus back on the brunette, suddenly not wanting to speak in front of him, "I'll see you later, Ryder."

The pair watched her walk away, frowns on both of their faces. Ryder's looked more like a scrunch if anything, meanwhile, Austin was convinced that Lydia didn't like him one bit.

"What was that about?"

"Your guess is as good as mine." The Miller girl shrugs.

"Get to class!"