saving Melissa

—

As they ran out of the hospital, Austin came to a quick stop as he noticed the water flooding the parking lot. He looked back and didn't see Ryder behind him, assuming that she's was safe inside with Melissa. That didn't stop his blue eyes from darting around in hopes of finding her.

"Oh God."

"Get back! Everyone, get back!" He looked over and saw Kira yelling, only a few people listening to her instructions.

"Everyone, get back!"

"Wait, stop!" Ryder shouted, pushing Melissa behind her as the woman blindly stepped forward.

Unfortunately for her, Ryder only had enough time to get Scott's mother safe. She could feel her body tense up before she scream loudly in pain.

"Ryder!" Derek yelled, watching his cousin's body shake harshly before she collapsed to the ground.

It would have unknown that the same thing was happening to Isaac if Allison hadn't let out a cry of his name.

"Isaac!"

Austin could almost feel his heart collapsing in his chest as he ran over to Ryder, unbothered by if the water was tainted with electricity or not. Luckily, Kira had managed to stop it just in time for his feet to hit the water.

"No, no, no." Austin mumbled as tears filled his eyes. He gently lifted her head to rest on his legs as he rubbed her face softly. "Come on, Ry."

Over the loud pounding of his heart, he could hear a second pair of footsteps stop in front of him.

"He's not breathing!" Allison could be heard shouting. Her words only sent chills down Austin's spine as he came to realize that neither was the limp girl in his arms.

"She's alive." Derek placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder, only to get pushed off quickly after, "Her heartbeat is still there."

"Call her parents."

Melissa, ever the guilty, stepped forward with apologetic eyes, "I'm so sorry—"

"Call them!"

•••

Austin had been crying so much that he couldn't tell if it were the water from outside or his tears that soaked his shirt.

Allison had cried herself to sleep next to him. It kind of confused him how she had the time to sleep after someone she cared about was on the brink of death, but he wasn't one to judge.

After he had demanded that Derek called Ryder's parents, the man did what he was told and left. No surprise there. What did surprise him was Peter Hale getting off the same elevator as Ramona, Aaron and Josie.