bonding

TW: matt

"They'll be fine." Stiles said, watching his best friend and new friend stare at the girls while they left the library. "Both of them."

"I'm worried about her." Scott admitted, sighing softly.

Austin shrugged, completely on a different side than the McCall was, "I'm not, she can handle herself."

It was clear that they weren't speaking of the same person.

The McCall huffed, "What is Jackson attacks them? You think Ryder will leave her there by herself?"

"Look, Ryder is a lot of things, alright? But she wouldn't leave Allison behind." Stiles frowned at his friend, wondering why he would even think that way.

"She doesn't like us—"

"She doesn't like you guys." Austin spoke up, walking to the left of Stiles, "Allison hasn't really done anything wrong to her. And even if she did, Ryder's a good person, she wouldn't do that."

•••

"Why is your heart beating so damn fast? It's distracting."

Allison looked over at the girl, "Sorry? I don't really know what to say to that."

"You can try and control it, it's giving me a headache."

"Sometimes I forget you're a werewolf now."

"That's because I'm discrete, something your boyfriend isn't."

"Look at us... bonding." Allison tried to smile.

"Eh, I don't know about all that."

Allison doesn't respond, slowing down a bit, as they were getting closer to the boys locker room.

"Are you coming in?"

The Miller narrows her eyes, "I really don't want to."

"Okay." Allison nods, "I won't force you, just please, stay close in case I need help?"

"Yeah, sure—"

"I'm sure I won't need help, though. Jackson is a pretty understanding person." Allison seemed so sure of herself, almost making Ryder feel bad for the girl.

Ryder frowns, "You and Lydia have so much faith in this kid."

"Oh, you just scared the hell out of me."

Allison gasped, "Sorry, I wa - I was just, um, I was - nothing."

"Ah, that's a - nice heels." Matt Daehler smiled, pointing at the shoes that Allison held in her hands.

"Oh! Yeah, uh, my feet were hurting, so I—"

Matt decided to make a joke, "Same reason I never wear mine."

"What?"

"He's saying he doesn't wear his heels because they hurt his feet. It's a joke, Allison, geez." Ryder explains, gaining an appreciative look from Matt.

"Oh—"

"Uh, forget it. Hey, did you guys hear about the underground show? Apparently, they've got some big name spinning." Matt asked them.

"Oh, you mean like a rave?"

Ryder wanted to ram her head in a locker until she held from her eyeballs. The Argent wasn't doing herself any justice.

"Oh, is it still a rave if you don't roll? I just call it a party. But hey, I got a friend who can hook us up with tickets if you're down." Ryder knew he was speaking specifically to Allison, but his eyes darted between the two of them, she was partially happy that he at least tried to make her feel included.

But that didn't mean she liked him.

"Want me to get you one?"

Allison smiled sweetly, "Yeah. Yeah, great."

"Ryder—"

"No."

"Okay. All right, cool. Um, it's Friday, so - Looking forward to it."

"Yeah." Allison nodded absentmindedly, brushing past him with Ryder not too far behind her. The Miller couldn't help but want to laugh at what they girl had just gotten herself into.

•••

"I'm not supposed to tell anyone."

Stiles huffed, hot on Lydia's heels as he and Austin followed behind her, "Come on, anyone who ever says "I'm not supposed to tell anyone" is always dying to tell someone, so tell us!

"Why do you guys wanna know?" Lydia frowned, forcing both boys to fall silent.

Austin hesitates before responding, "We can't tell you that."

Lydia scoffs, "Then I'm not telling you."

"But you are telling me that you could tell me something if you wanted to tell me?"

"That- okay." Austin mutters.

"Was that a question?"

"It felt like a question." Stiles tried.

"You don't sound so sure of yourself."

"Well - Tell me if this feels like an answer." Lydia smiles, "No."

•••

It had only been about five minutes since Allison had left Ryder alone. And in that time, she had managed to scare off three freshman by accident. She didn't know if she looked intimidating but she thought it was hilarious. She had decided to make it a game for herself while she waited.

She's suddenly standing up straight at the sound of her name.

"Ryder!"

Before she could even step in to help Allison, Scott rushes past her and flings the locker room door open. She follows behind him quickly, wrapping a hand on Allison's wrist as she tugged the girl in her direction.

She cringed at the sight of Jackson's private parts hanging low as he fought with Scott.

"That's disgusting."

After making sure Allison was out of harms way, she found herself using all her strength to knock of the lockers down, successfully scaring Jackson and Scott enough to snap them both out of their fits of rage.

"You dumb morons are gonna get us in trouble!"

"Too late." Allison whispered.

The girl turned, just in time to spot Austin staring at her with a grimace on his face.

"Wonderful."

"What the hell's going on? Hey! Enough! Enough. What do you idiots think you're doing? Jackson! Calm down! Mr. McCall, you wanna explain yourself?" Mr Harris shouted,

"Stilinski! Miss Miller?"

"What did I do?"

"Ryder, stop it."

Matt Daehler suddenly walked up, picking Allison's tablet off the ground, "You dropped this."

Harris snatched the device from his hand, glaring at group in front of him, "You and you - actually - all of you - Detention. Three o'clock."

"Oh, you're kidding."