locker art

—

Ryder had said she was fine, swore it, in fact, but that didn't mean she didn't need help getting to where she needed to be. Unfortunately, the accident had resulted in her needing a bit of help walking and/or carrying things.

The poor girl was rightfully stressed out and annoyed.

Lydia had ran away, her parents were badgering her, and she was getting agitated with Austin's kindness, and every little thing set her off.

While she had been suggested to stay a few days longer, her doctor said she could leave when she felt that she was ready. After hearing that, the Miller girl wasted zero time in changing out of her hospital clothes, with her mothers help, and leaving the building.

Austin's arm was wrapped around her waist while the walked out to the parking lot, Josie putting Ryder's stuff in the car, while her parents checked her out.

The tatted girl grew oddly uncomfortable with the feeling of anyone else touching her, practically forcing Austin to help, which didn't take much as he was by her side in a split second.

Her head snapped to her right in aggravation, the action catching Austin's attention.

"What's wrong?"

"They're really loud." She whispered back, tilting her head down, hoping to avoid hearing anymore of their conversation.

Austin looks up, gently squeezing her side, silently letting her know that she was fine, his blue eyes squint once he was practically blinded by Stiles' headlights.

"Stiles?"

"And McCall and Allison." She listed, "You would think they would keep their mouths shut about the supernatural when they're in public, and not go shouting it for anyone who cares to listen."

Knowing how upset she's been getting, Austin didn't bother to point out that the group of three were most definitely whispering the entirety of their conversation. Instead, helping her into the car, and later sharing a look with her mother who had caught what she had said.

•••

Ryder wanted to cry in frustration when she walked into school the next morning and saw the flowers and pictures surrounding her locker.

Her fist clenched to her sides as she stormed forward and ripped every little detail off. She could hear the murmurs of her fellow students and feel their eyes burning into her skin. She knew their eyes were on the bandage that covered her neck, but her attention focused solely on getting this disgusting art off of her locker.

"Woah!" She heard, not turning around at her voice, "Ryder, what's going on?"

"Get this shit off of here!"

"Okay, okay." Allison whispered, moving ahead to help the girl, "Calm down. It's just paper."

"And flowers, and bullshit—"