proving them wrong

There wasn't much she could do at this very given moment.

Isaac had taken the seat near Lydia before any one else could.

Austin was with Scott and Ryder had gotten stuck with Stiles. Allison was now paired with Erica, which entertained the Miller from her seat in front of the two.

She could faintly make out the silence coming from Isaac and Lydia. It was clear to anyone that the Martin didn't to speak with him, which was both a relief and an embarrassment as Isaac had been trying to make conversation from the start.

Ryder had smacked Stiles' hand away from the jar as he kept trying to add a chemical that wasn't meant to be in there. She didn't know if he was too distracted with watching Lydia that he didn't care to glance at the mess he was making, or if he was doing it on purpose, but it was pissing her off.

The wolf already didn't want to be paired with him and he was only making her situation worse.

"Pay attention." She finally snapped.

Stiles glanced at her, "I'm watching over Lydia."

"I'm aware of that, asshole, but if I fail because your stupid ass won't focus, i'm gonna be pissed."

"I'm not stupid."

"You look stupid." Stiles gasped in offense, placing a hand to his chest, "Now turn your bald headed ass around and pass me the tweezers."

"I'm not bald. It's a buzz." Stiles muttered, shyly passing the irritated teen the utensil.

"Time." Harris called out, "If you've catalyzed the reaction correctly, you should now be looking at a crystal. Now for the part of that last experiment I'm sure you'll all enjoy - You can eat it."

Stiles gestures to the crystal, silently thankful that Ryder wouldn't allow him to touch anything.

"You can try it."

"I'm not eating that shit."

The same couldn't be said for Lydia, as the girl was already preparing herself to eat the probably tasteless science experiment.

"LYDIA!"

Austin jumped at the sudden shout, the rest of the class mirroring his actions, as the hadn't expected the outburst.

"What?" Lydia turns to him with a scrunched up face.

Scott looks down in embarrassment, "Nothing."

"Lydia, don't eat that."

The Martin freezes once more upon hearing Ryder's soothing voice.

She was also immediately getting ready to put the crystal down, until Isaac, gestured for her to take it again.

The strawberry blonde seemed conflicted.

On one hand, she had this six foot something teenage boy shoving the thing in her face, and on the other, she had this tattooed goddess telling her not to eat it.

"You could get sick."

"Actually, Ryder, i'm glad you brought that up. Everything used in this experiment is completely safe."

The Miller rolled her eyes at Harris' interruption, watching as Lydia brought the item back to her face.

The desk shakes as Ryder puts her foot out and roughly kicks the back of the girls chair, prompting her to drop the crystal on the floor completely.

Stiles' eyes were wide with hopefulness as he was sure that Ryder had just prevented Lydia from getting killed.

"Why'd you do that?" Isaac turned in his seat, glaring at bathe teen who sat there with a smug expression across her features.