horrible haircut

—

The next morning was dreadful to say the least.

As soon as Ryder entered the school she was being followed by Stiles and Austin.

She should have expected it, honestly. But she just didn't know it would be as early as it was.

"So you two are friends now?" Ryder deadpanned, receiving blank looks, "What?"

"We got arrested last night." Stiles practically exclaimed, "I am not happy."

"Really? You seem pretty excited to me."

"I would hardly say arrested." Austin cut in, "We were let off with a warning, my mom was pissed."

"And a restraining order."

Ryder smiled falsely, "Good for you. You're practically criminals now."

"Where were you last night? We could have used your help." Stiles stepped in front of her.

Ryder paused, looking up at him with a glare, side stepping him to continue her walk, "I was at my house, if you must know. Not everyone wants to spend their time in the woods protecting someone of likes of Jackson Whittemore."

"That's not the point!"

"Why are you yelling?"

Stiles sighs, realizing he wasn't getting anywhere with the girl, rolling his eyes dramatically as he stood by her locker, Austin to his right.

"Can you just— Ryder, I need you to work with me here." Stiles begged, letting his hands hold the books she shoved in their direction. "We're getting closer to figuring out what this thing wants, okay?"

"Yeah, Allison had Lydia translate some things. How many people do you know that know Arctic Latin? I don't even know regular Latin!" Austin spoke, adjusting the books in his arms.

"Lydia's a smart girl, you should've expected that she of all people would know Arctic Latin." The Miller nodded, "And excluding her, I would say I know at least one other person."

"Who—"

"Nevermind that." Stiles cut the George teen off, "Can you come meet with us in the library?"

She winced, teeth showing as she hesitated, "I don't know."

"Y-you don't know?"

"I don't know." The girl shrugged, smiling innocently as she took her books from their hands. "I've just recently decided, recently being just now, that Isaac looks pretty lonely over there. I think i'm gonna go speak to him."

With that, the two teen boys were watching her walk off to the Lahey, who stood, clearly listening to their conversation.

Stiles gapped as she walked away, he wanted to run up to her and demand that she finish their conversation, but Austin simply informed him that she was only doing that because he could have been gathering information for Derek.