advantage?

—

Their backs were against the wall. Stiles and Austin sitting down, unable to move due to paralyzation. Ryder had taken it upon herself to sit next to Austin, rubbing his hand, despite knowing he couldn't feel it.

"Why are you here?"

Ramona looked over, "Derek called me. I do not even know how he got my number. You need to teach me how to block."

Derek's eyes shut in embarrassment. He was the only one that hadn't had the pleasure of being sat upright, so he laid back flat on the ground.

"Yeah, okay." Ryder nodded, "Are you guys alright?"

Stiles and Austin nodded, not wanting to complain about how anxious they got with not being in control of their own bodies.

Her eyes then traveled to Derek.

The man was silent. Almost as if he knew he would be in trouble for even thinking that it was okay to get Ryder's family involved in the situation.

Ryder was upset. Rightfully so.

It genuinely blew her mind how someone that she used to be so close with ended up being in her top five people she couldn't stand. Because what in his right mind made Derek believe that it was smart of pull Ramona into this? She didn't know.

"Don't look at me." She snapped, eyes narrowing as she glared at the Hale,  "You're lucky you're paralyzed because if you could feel pain, i'd break your God damn arms."

"Ryder." Ramona called to her child.

"Yes?"

"You can hear what is happening outside, no?"

The girl furrowed her brows, "Yeah, why?"

"You have mastered your transformation, yes?"

"No, why?"

"Actually. I think you're doing pretty good." Austin spoke up, voice slightly scratchy as it had been a minute since he had last spoken.

"Well." Stiles corrected.

The George teen rolled his eyes, "Shut up, dude."

"You need to turn, Ryder." Ramona told her, "It will be easier for you to get around and attack."

Ryder stared at the woman. Face blank as she struggled to hold back an eye roll.

It wasn't a terrible idea. But what was she to do if Matt saw a big ass wolf and his first instinct was to shoot it? He had no problem shooting Scott in front of his mom, she had heard that much. Then she'd be dead.

"Mom—"

"She's right."

Her head snapped to Derek. The man facing forward as he spoke.