divine move

—

Austin and Ryder spoke to the police, not much being said between them as Argent prepared each of the teens on what needed to be said.

it just happened so fast.

It wasn't a total lie. Her death did happen ridiculously fast, but that didn't make it any less tragic.

Ryder hadn't said much on the drive back home, she wasn't crying, she was just too shocked by the death that happened right before her eyes.

They were smiling at each other seconds before it happened.

She had the chance to save Allison. She could've prevented it.

Deputy Jordan Parrish was instructed to bring Austin, Lydia and Ryder home.

Austin practically begged the man to drop him off with Ryder, promising him that his mother would be there.

That wasn't a lie either.

Austin had immediately called Jennifer to tell her to meet him and Ryder's house.

Neither of their parents knew of Allison's death yet, but he was sure Ramona was already sensing that something was off.

Ryder and Austin stood behind Parrish as he rang the doorbell to Ryder's home. The girl easily could have pushed past him to just walk in, but she couldn't form the strength to pull both her and Austin through the door. He hadn't let go of her hand since they were being questioned on what happened.

She was thankful for that, but she was rather fearful that her tight grip would crush his fingers. Austin didn't seem too bothered, squeezing her hand back anytime her grip tightened.

Ramona let out a breath at the sight of her daughter, looking over at Parrish for an explanation.

Ryder didn't want to hear it again, gently pushing herself into the house, Austin following behind her without arguments as Parrish explained to Ramona what happened.

"Oh my God, Austin." Jennifer stood up from the couch, immediately pulling her son into her embrace.

Ryder stepped aside as they hugged, sighing softly as she walked passed them, trying to make her way upstairs, only to get stopped by her sister.

"You're back!"

"Not now, Jo."

Josie's face fell at her sisters sad tone, not having time to question it as Ryder went in her room and closed her door softly.