human sacrifices

—

Ryder stuck her hand out, passing her shirt to Isaac from behind the wall.

The Lahey frowned, "What am I supposed to do with this?"

"Fold it!"

Isaac did as he was told, doing the same thing when she passed him her jeans.

While he wanted to feel awkward that she was undressing from behind a wall he was far from it, he was actually perfectly fine. Eighth grade to beginning of sophomore year Isaac would have been frozen in shock, face beet red, while he stuttered out random words.

He winces at the sound of her bones popping, moving away to place her clothing in the backseat of Argent's car, tapping the back to let the man know he could drive away.

When he walked back, he was more than surprised to see Ryder in her wolf form. It always amazed him, no matter how many times he's seen it. He went to run his hand through her white fur, only to pull back when she snapped her jaw at him.

"Alright, my bad." He raised his hands in defense, "Let's go."

•••

"You didn't have to follow me home."

"We really didn't." Austin said, standing near Lydia's bedroom door, feeling like he would somehow be disrespecting his relationship if he walked in.

"You could have stayed in the car." Stiles told him.

"Well, yeah, but then i'd be alone with my thoughts, that's never good for anyone."

He never really had any bad thoughts, which he was truly thankful for. But it did get out of hand when Ryder left him alone for ten minutes when they hung out and he started thinking about three am shower thoughts mid day.

Stiles sighed, turning to Lydia, "I just wanted to make sure you got in okay."

"I had a police escort." The strawberry blonde pointed out to him.

"I know the inner workings of that force, all right? They're not nearly as reliable as people think." He said.

Lydia raised her brows, "Well, you also didn't have to follow me into my room."

"Well, I... uh, yeah, I don't have an answer for that. I can leave."

"Good, let's go." Austin whispered.

"Are you really gonna go without asking me the question that you've been dying to ask me?"

"Well, I'm not... I haven't been dying to ask anything. I... no questions here for Stiles. Nothing." Stiles spluttered out.

"I can see it on your face."

"I see it too, you have a distinct look." Austin said, leaning against the doorway.