gay club

"Do you think Lydia will say anything?"

"No."

Romona sighs, "What you did was very rude, Ryder."

"I didn't do anything." The teen slouched in her seat, resting her head against the window.

Sure, maybe she was a bit harsh with the name calling. And the gloating. And the exaggerated movements of victory. But they wouldn't have had to endure the embarrassment of being wrong had they just listened to her in the first place.

From the start, Ryder had tried to explain to them that Lydia wasn't the kanima and that it was, in fact, Jackson. But everyone either brushed her off or pretended that they were on her side.

She was completely used to Scott and Stiles ignoring what she had said, they've done it plenty of times before and they were proved wrong.

But for some reason, she felt the slightest bit betrayed by Austin.

It blew her mind how she would rant on and on about how no one cared to listen to her. And the one person she thought was listening and agreeing with her, turned out to just be telling her what she wanted to hear.

She wasn't really upset with Austin.

If she were in his position, she too would probably be swayed to think that the only person who disagreed was wrong.

And on top of that, there was no solid proof that Jackson was the kanima.

"Your name calling—"

"Mom, please." She shook her head, "Last thing i need is a lecture on how i should treat people who didn't treat me any better."

"Things are different, Ryder. This not about who abandoned you, or who miss treated you. This is the supernatural. You need to put all animosity aside and act like an adult."

The girl clenches her jaw, unbuckling her seat belt as they pulled into their driveway, "I'm sixteen, mom. Nowhere near an adult."

"I know how you feel—"

"No, you don't."

•••

Austin laid stomach down on his bed, cuddling his pillow with an unintentional pout on his face.

He had texted Ryder a few minutes ago, strongly hoping that she would respond. He knew it was a long shot, as the girl never responded to texts or calls, but he wanted to apologize to her.

He knew he technically wasn't in the wrong, but he was also aware how Ryder was.

They had known each other for a while now and he could practically read the girls mind. He knew that the moment he hesitated in agreeing he wasn't doing something right.

He saw the way her face dropped, and that alone was enough to make his heart shatter.

His mom had been walking by his room every couple of minutes, asking if Ryder had texted him back. Every time he would respond with no, the less her eagerness would be when she asked again.

He had noticed that after his fathers death, his moms mood would depend on how he was feeling.

If Austin sad, so was Jenn. If he was happy, Jenn was happy.

It didn't matter how he felt, Jennifer would just copy and paste how he was feeling onto herself.

In a way, it was sweet, but at the same time, he didn't want his mom to feel like she had to be upset just because he was.