stiff neck

—

Melissa gasped in shock, the sound alerting Noah. The man immediately turned to the woman,

"What's wrong?"

She didn't answer, simply staring ahead at what stood in front of her.

Stilinski frowned, following her eyes. He tried to step back in fear, failing due to his hand being cuffed to the all.

"Easy, there." He started, raising his free hand to show no harm.

Ryder wanted to roll her eyes.

She wasn't completely sure what she looked like from their perspective, but she doubted it was intimidating. Hell, she walked in with her head down, a clear sign of mercy. Then again, she was bigger than the average wolf.

"I didn't know there were wolves in California." Melissa released a shaky breath, silently thanking God that she was behind bars.

"There aren't." Noah muttered, pushing himself against the wall as the animal got closer. "Hey—!"

Ryder growled, successfully shutting the man up. The last thing she needed was for Matt to catch her watching over them.

•••

"She made it." Ramona let out a breath of relief.

She had been straining her ears to listen to her daughter's heart, it seemed she didn't have to do that as Noah Stilinski's shout alerted them.

Austin closed his eyes in relief, thankful that he wouldn't have to walk out and see the body of his girlfriend on the ground before they even got the chance to kill Matt. He had unknowingly raised a hand to his face rubbjng his chin, shoulders relaxing.

"So is that hypothetical situation we talked about getting any less hypothetical?" Stiles asked.

Derek narrowed his eyes in concentration, "I think so. I can move my toes."

Stiles began to grow excited, "Dude, I can move my toes."

"You are not moving anything, Stiles." Ramona couldn't help but chuckle despite everything going on, "Austin, however."

The teen in question frowned, suddenly aware that he was in fact, moving.

"What? No fair."

•••

Ryder had settled down by Stiles' father.

She could still hear the sound of their frantic heartbeats. She didn't know why, she was as calm as she could be right now.

The adults hadn't spoken since she showed up and growled at Stilinski for trying to blow her cover.

It appeared that he was the least of her worries.

Her ears perked up at the sound of an explosion, teeth baring as she snarled at the sound of footsteps approaching.

Gun shots echoed through the station as she turned to Melissa and Noah, non verbally going to tell them to stay put only to huff out what sounded like a laugh as she realized they couldn't move.

Ryder whimpered in pain as her body got forced back by a bomb exploding. She could hear voices upon voices but couldn't decipher who they belonged to.

She charged through the smoke, panting heavily as she made it to the room Scott hid in.

Scott jumped in shock as he felt something pulling on his sleeve. He went to jerk away only to stop short as he realized it was Ryder's wolf.

Much to her annoyance, he ran a hand over her soft fur before following her as she directed him out of the smoky area, leaving Matt behind.

Scott let out a cough as ran after Ryder, watching the wolf skid to a stop, nodding in a way to tell him to go after Jackson.

The McCall listened (as he should), shoving the kanima off to the side before helping Stiles get up.

Ryder, on the other hand, ran over to Austin and her mom, watching as the two smiled at the sight of her.

Austin turned away, both to give Ryder privacy and to make sure that none of the others were looking at her as she quickly changed back into the clothes her mom held for her.

"Are you okay?" Ramona asked, hold her daughters face as she looked over her.

"Whoo!" Ryder cheered, flashing the brightest smile any of them hand seen, seemingly fueled up after turning back to her human self. She patted Scott on the shoulder, "Let's go!"

•••

Scott led the way, Stiles handing off his arm as he turned corners with Ryder, Ramona, and Austin right behind him.

The McCall grunted as he adjusted his friend, running into a room and shouting for who ever was last to lock the door behind them.

Austin didn't think that simply locking a door would keep the kanima away from them, but he complied.

He hadn't let go of Ryder's hand since she came back, even if she was running ten times faster than him, he wouldn't let their hands disconnect.

Much to his chagrin, Jackson kicked the door down, only doing the same thing every time they locked him out.

Ramona urged for the teens to run ahead, stopping behind them.

Her eyes glowed red as she waited for the kanima to kick the next door down, her teeth showed as he stopped in front of her, hissing in warning.

She stepped back, flicking her claws out threateningly. One wrong move and she would either be dead or paralyzed. However, Jackson seemed to be a complete idiot, allowing a particularly loud gunshot to distract him.

With that, Ramona charged forward, sticking her claws into Jackson's chest, listening to the sounds of his screeching as she shoved him back a few rooms.

Sighing out, she leaned forward on her knees to catch her breath before running off to find her daughter.

•••

"Don't move." Stiles stared up at his friend, eyes bored as he didn't think the unintentional joke was funny.

Ryder snorted, laying her head against the wall.

"You know what I mean." Scott ran out of the room, stopping as he almost barged into Ramona, the woman held onto the door handle, gripping the McCall's wrist to stop him.

"Be careful."

Scott nodded, smiling a bit before it fell and he was gone.

"Is everyone okay?"

Austin nodded, shaking his hand out as he was still getting rid of the small amount of kanima venom in his body.

Stiles huffed, "For the most part."

Ryder look at him, "Your neck looks stiff."

Stiles eyed her, "It is. And your comment was not needed."

"Neither is your attitude, so fix it."

A/N: what are the odds i completely skip the rest of the season 👀. not actually, but it'd be nice