who's malia?

—

Ryder laid asleep on Austin's chest.

The couple was sat in the girls living room watching a movie with Josie.

After school finished, Ryder had been completely drained and fell asleep with her head up against Austin's passenger window. Josie had suggested that Austin stay over and watch a movie with them. Him agreeing led to him and Ryder babysitting the younger teen while Ramona and Aaron left to get things for dinner.

Neither of them were really bothered. Josie wasn't an annoying kid. She definitely could be, but she adored Austin and Ryder, so there was no reason for her to act like a thirteen year old brat.

Before the movie even started, Ryder was fast asleep on Austin's chest. This drew great concern from her sister,

"Is she going to be okay?"

Austim glanced up from the game of candy crush he was playing on his phone.

"What?"

"Is Ryder doing to be okay?" She repeated herself. It wasn't weird that Ryder was asleep, she was used to the girl yawning dramatically and sleeping in as much as she could. But Josie knew for a fact that Ryder didn't enjoy falling asleep in the living room where anyone could see her. No matter how tired, Ryder always found time to make it to a bedroom.

Looking down at the girl, he nodded a bit, "I'm sure she'll be okay. I'm convinced she's been through worse."

Josie nodded, "Right. And if she's not?"

"Then I'll be there for her."

"I will be too." The girl smiled softly.

"Good. She's your big sister, you should always be there for her, even when she doesn't want you to be."

•••

Scott and Stiles stopped by Ryder's house, fully convinced that they would be picking both her and Austin up for a mission.

After getting a very detailed explanation on why she didn't want to be around them after they woke her up, Austin parted ways with the sister duo. Hugging Josie and leaving Ryder with a small kiss to the temple and an 'i love you' shared between them.

Now, Austin was currently sneaking around some old man's house he's never heard of. Apparently they were in search of some girl that went missing a couple hears ago and the Sheriff needed Scott's help, specifically, but the McCall wanted Austin and Stiles to tag along.