party

warning: stiles being stupid.

—

"Hey, Ry—"

"Ew, no." She immediately stopped Stiles, raising a hand, "Do not call me that."

"Wha—? You let Austin call you that all the time."

"That's because he's Austin."

The boy in question smiled, looking down at the ground shyly.

Scott snorted at their bickering, brushing past them to go sit in the jeep.

"I—"

The girl rolls her eyes, "What do you want?"

"There's a party tonight."

Austin makes a face, inhaling through his teeth as he realized that Stiles was about to ask Ryder, of all people, if she wanted to go to a party.

She looked around awkwardly, sucking in her cheeks before turning to him, "What does that have to do with me?"

"Well... do you want to go?"

"No." She quickly declined. It was probably the fastest she's ever told anyone no.

"Ryder."

"..."

"It's Heather's birthday."

The blonde scoffed, "An even bigger no."

"She invited us—"

"No."

Austin chuckled, shaking his head as Stiles turned to him, "You want to go?"

The George teen shrugged, "I'll only go if Ry goes."

Stiles groaned, turning around dramatically before looking back at the couple, "You don't have to go everywhere with her."

"Why wouldn't I?" The blue eyed teen looked genuinely confused.

"I- because."

"Austin, just go to the party." Ryder cut in.

The boy turn to the girl with a frown, "What?"

"Go to the party." She repeated in a more confused tone, wondering why he looked so upset by her words.

"N- why?"

Ryder shrugged her shoulders, "Go have fun. Stiles is right, we don't have to do everything together."

"We've done everything together since we've gotten together." He expressed through hand gestures, "And sometimes before that."

"And now I'm saying that I don't want to hang out with you."

His face dropped, "No way you're being serious."