who's austin?

—

Austin had brought Ryder home later that night, obviously not too late, as he remembered how her father didn't want her home during late hours. While Ryder wanted to spend more time with him, Austin had insisted that he drop her off before seven, choosing not to speak in on how he wanted to make a good impression.

While he hasn't met her parents, he wanted them to get the idea that he was responsible enough to bring their daughter home on time.

Getting out of the car, she walked up to her house, silently praying that it wouldn't be too obvious that she was around Derek Hale.

She sends a small wave to Austin, who waited patiently until she was about to walk through the door to leave. She watched him wave back, turning around to come face to face with her sister.

"Who was that?"

"None of your business."

Josie scoffs, her hands making their way onto her hips, "It is my business if my older sister is requesting that dad doesn't come pick her up from school."

"Don't be a little smart ass." Ryder starts, "He's just a friend."

"He?!" Josie screeches, her eyes shining with love as she gripped her older sisters wrist.

It was safe to say that she's a hopeless romantic.

"He? Who he?! Who is he??"

Her father's voice boomed from down the hall, she could hear the clatter on the dishes hitting the counter as his head popped from around the corner.

Aaron Anders wasn't as intimidating as he made himself out to be, in fact, while he looked like he killed people for a living, he was actually doing the complete opposite. For the most part. He didn't always go to work, but that was because he had a sick wife to take care of. The only days he went to work were the days he was sure Ryder would be home to take care of Josie and their mother.

The girls could only chuckle as his 'angered' expression.

"It doesn't matter." She promised, waking past the man and into the kitchen where her mother sat with a stoic expression.

She wanted to speak with her but she was well aware that the woman wouldn't respond. So, with a sad sigh, she leaned forward and pressed a soft kiss to the woman's cheek, quickly picking up on the vague lift of her lip.

Inhaling sharply, she turned around quickly, startling her sister,

"What's for dinner?"

•••

By the time Austin had gotten home, he had been tired enough to pass out. He drove home with a lot on his mind, it made the drive seem a lot longer that he expected,