full moon

—

Monday eventually came around.

Austin and Ryder had gotten much closer since the conversation they had with Ryder's mother Saturday night.

They had spent the whole weekend together, even bringing Josie along to get ice cream with them.

Ryder was currently running around her bedroom, making sure she had everything she needed for school. Austin was waiting for her outside, having conversation with Josie, who he would also be bringing to school. The youngest teen had insisted that Austin take her, having had too much fun with him and her sister the day before.

Over the weekend, Josie had decided that she like having Austin around, especially since he made her usually moody sister, happy.

"Ryder, hurry up!"

"Shut up, you moron." The mentioned girl muttered, brushing past her sister to give her mom a kiss on the cheek goodbye.

"Don't call you sister a moron." Aaron said, as they walked towards the front door, "Get out of here."

•••

Austin laughed lightly at the words that came from Ryder's mouth.

They had pulled into the high school parking lot, the school finally being open after the problems that happened a couple nights ago.

They walked together to the front doors, avoiding bumping into anyone. The girls eyes squinted as she noticed Allison getting dropped off by her father and what appeared to be her aunt Kate.

She didn't think much of the family, only knowing about them because of what she grew up getting told. Despite her family being part of the reason for her mothers trauma, Ryder didn't hold that against the future huntress. If anything, the only reason she didn't like the girl was because of who she hung out with, along with her positive nature.

But aside from that, Ryder didn't hate Allison.

But she didn't care much for her either.

•••

If there was anything Ryder enjoyed, it was watching a bunch of high school boys angrily slam into each other for a sport, while silently judging them.

Lacrosse practice was in a few minutes, meaning that she'd eventually meet with Austin to watch.

"Hey, Ryder!"

Her eyes damn near rolled into the back of her head at the sound of his voice. He was probably one of the few people she could tolerate at the moment, but she already had a feeling what he would say.