healing practice

"We're back." Stiles announced as he and Scott sat down at Ryder and Austin's table.

"You can leave." Ryder muttered, her voice being muffled by Austin's shoulder, her eyes not leaving the boys page. The two were going over the notes he had written a few days ago, adding and changing up a few things.

Austin had insisted it, going on about how he didn't want to get anything wrong and risk something bad happening. He didn't need to explain himself, Ryder would have went along with anything he said at this point, but she let him ramble, simply enjoying the sound of his voice.

"We're doing okay here." Stiles said, "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine."

The Stilinski nods, "That's good, That's- Scott. Do you see that?"

"What, it's an empty table." The teen wolf shrugged, his face showing extreme confusion, not understanding his friends worry.

"Yeah, but whose empty table?"

"Boyd." Scott says, eyes wide as he and Stiles jumped up from their seats.

"Why are they so determined with playing a guessing game? Wouldn't it be much easier if they would just say what they wanted to say?" Ryder scoffed, "You know, because they could possibly be risking someone's life all because they want someone to answer a question that could've been answered from the start."

Austin smiled as she rambled on, his pen being placed down as he watched her with soft eyes.

"What if McCall didn't know who's table that was? Then what?"

"I think they do it to create some sort of suspense." Austin spoke softly to the girl, his eyes locked on her face.

"It's inconvenient though, right?"

•••

"I'm going to go to the ice - rink, see if he's there. And if he's not at home, you call me, got it? See if I can get Ryder join me, maybe she could convince Derek to stop if we run into him." Scott spoke, cutting himself off as he locked his eyes on Stiles' hesitation, "What?"

Stiles leant against the lockers, "Maybe we should let him. Boyd, you know, man? You said Derek's giving them a choice, right?"

"We can't." Scott sighed, confused on his friends sudden change.

"And Ryder? Come on, man. She doesn't like you, let alone care about how you feel. If Derek isn't bothering her, what make you think she's going to give him a reason to?"

Scott's he clenched tightly, knowing the human was right, he usually was.

"You gotta admit, Erica looks pretty good. You know, the word "sensational" comes to mind."

Scott scoffs, "Yeah. How good do you think she's gonna look with a wolfsbane bullet in her head?"

Stiles hid a flinch at the harsh tone, "All right, all I'm saying is maybe this one isn't totally your responsibility. Pull a Ryder and act like nothing happened."

"They all are. And you know this thing's gonna get out of control. That makes me responsible."

Stiles eventually gives up, "All right, I'm with you. And I also gotta say this new - found heroism is making me very attracted to you."

Scott chuckles, playfully pushing his friend away from him, "Shut up."

"No, seriously. Do you wanna just try making out for a sec? Just to see how it feels."

"This is by far one of the weirdest conversations i have ever walked in on."

The best friends' heads snapped in the direction of the voice, not too surprised to see Austin standing there, as they were settled near his locker.

"No, hate, though. I'm a supporter, just didn't really expect it, considering you have a girlfriend. I'm no snitch."

"Wha—? We're not—"

"No, seriously, I support it." He continued, "Uhm—but i would like to point out that Ryder would not join you on your mission to find Boyd, simply because her mother doesn't want her around Derek, and she doesn't want to be around you."

After informing the two of this information, Austin quickly grabbed his books from his locker and walked the opposite direction to meet back up with the mentioned girl.

•••

While Ryder had been adamant on not joining Scott on his journey to speak with Boyd and possibly run into Derek Hale, she could admit that she felt the tiniest bit of guilt for being apart of the supernatural world but always finding a way to bail when her help could be needed.

So, after speaking to one of his former partners and classmate, Ryder and Austin and gotten Boyd's address and would be going to see the teen.

What they'd hadn't expected to see was Stiles being stuffed in a trash can by Erica Reyes before the girl stormed off, not noticing the car that was pulling up. Unless she did and just chose to ignore it.

The pair grew worried for the teen, Austin wasting no time in jumping out of the drivers seat to ensure that Stiles was alive, meanwhile, Ryder nearly gasped at the sight of Stiles' beloved jeep being ruined. If she squinted enough, she could see a part of the vehicle that definitely should not have been outside of it sitting on Boyd's porch.

"He's breathing!" She could hear Austin call out to her, "I might need help getting him out."

With that, the girl was walking towards the dumpster and helping him drag Stiles out.

•••

As much as she didn't want to be, Ryder was using Stiles being passed out with a head injury as a learning experience.

Not only would this be helping the currently unconscious teen be free from pain, but she could also strengthen her abilities.

They had been sitting there for about ten minutes, patiently waiting for the Stilinski to awaken, when Austin suggested trying out her healing abilities.

He could tell she was reluctant, Austin knew how easily embarrassed his crush could get if she didn't do something correctly. After many reassuring words and supportive hand squeezes, the blue eyed teen had managed to convinced her to at least try it out.

Closing her eyes, she placed her cold hand against Stiles' warm one, she struggled to concentrate with Austin's eyes watching her every move, no doubt studying how it was done.

"Take your time." He whispered, watching her take deep breaths to calm herself down, "You got it."

Her eyes opened, the bright yellow iris' sending the boy into a trance. He could see the black trailing over her arms, he wanted to be scared for her, as he saw her wince slightly, but he knew she wouldn't learn anything if he took these opportunities away from her.

That trance didn't last long, however, it being broken by the sound of the teen who was once unconscious, muttering under his breath about the girl who was responsible for his current state,

"Bitch."

A/N: late chapter, im sorry 😭