drowning isaac

—

Ramona walked into Deaton's animal clinic with Josie by her side. The younger girl was meant to be going to another sleepover with her best friend Mason, but she decided last minute that she didn't want to. Ramona wasn't upset with that, but it did fill her with a bit of stress knowing her youngest was about to be surrounded by more supernaturals than ever.

All eyes fell on the pair as they walked into the room with stoic expressions on their faces.

Ramona's eyes fell on Isaac, the Lahey teen standing up straight once they locked eyes.

"Are you okay?"

Isaac nodded, "I'm okay."

Before Isaac had been sent off by Derek, Ramona had gotten to know the Lahey through Ryder, the two forming a motherly/son bond because of it.

Josie ran off to her sister, smiling brightly as she looked up at her.

"Mom says we're drowning someone."

Ryder pursed her lips, left eye twitching as she gave Isaac and apologetic look, "Maybe not drowning."

"Obviously, it's not going to be particularly..Comfortable. But if we can slow your heart rate down enough, you'll slip into a trance-like state." Deaton said as he walked into the room, respectfully nodding his head at Ramona, the woman smiling softly at the action.

Isaac looked up from his kneeling position by the tub, "Like being hypnotized."

"Exactly." Deaton nodded, "You'll be half transformed. It'll let us access your subconscious mind."

"How does that work—hmfp." Josie's words are cut off by Ryder's hands covering her face.

Scott smiles at the younger girl before turning to his boss, "How slow does his heart rate need to be?"

"Very slow. "

"Okay, well, how slow is very slow?" Derek asked.

"Nearly dead."

"Oh, wow."

Austin's comment did not help. His blue eyes glanced down at Josie as she gave him a scolding look, one she, no doubt, picked up from Ryder.

Isaac looked at Ryder for comfort, "It's safe, though, right?"

"Do you want me to answer honestly?" Deaton tilted his head.

"No. No, not really." The Lahey sighed softly, shaking his head lightly.

A snapping sound caught their attention. Their eyes landing on Stiles, the Stilinski having gotten ahold of the gloves Deaton used strictly on patients.

Feeling everyone's eyes on him, Stiles looks up, eyes full of confusion, "What?"

Derek pressed his lips together, "Look, if it feels too risky, you don't have to do this."