prettiest girls

—

The next morning, Ryder had insisted that her father take her to school, not wanting to be in the same car for fifteen minutes alone with Austin after what her mother insinuated the night before.

It confused the George teen greatly when he got the message that he didn't need to pick her up, but he didn't want to bother the girl. He spotted her almost immediately after he pulled into his parking spot, the blonde stuck in a conversation with Scott, Stiles and Matt Daehler.

He narrowed his eyes in confusion, wondering what they could have been talking about. He knew Ryder wasn't a fan of Matt, so he was a bit surprised to see her engaging in conversation with him.

Walking up to them, he greeted Scott, who was the first to notice him, with a head nod. He stepped behind Ryder, wrapping his hands around her waist from behind, placing a kiss to her cheek.

He felt her tense up at the contact, going to pull away until she intertwined their hands on her stomach, leaning into him. (a/n; idk if that makes sense)

"Either of you guys know why no one's getting suspended after what happened the other day at school?"

Stiles huffed, shaking off his words, "Just forget about it. Nobody got hurt."

"I - I had a concussion." Matt looked at the Stilinski in confusion.

"A concussion isn't that bad." Ryder shrugged, feeling the vibrations of Austin's chuckle on her back.

Stiles nodded in agreement, "Yeah, nobody got seriously hurt."

"I was in the E.R. for six hours." The Daehler squinted, voice raising the smallest bit.

"Hey, do you want to know the truth, Matt? Your little bump on the head is about this high on our list of problems right now."

Austin smiled at Stiles' dramatics, hiding his face in Ryder's shoulder. He was trying to feel bad for the confused teen but Stiles made it hard to feel any sort of sympathy.

Scott sighed softly, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine now." Matt nodded.

Ryder rolled her eyes, "So, why bring it up in the first place—?"

She's cut off by Matt, the teen not bothering to react to the glare he received from the girl and her boyfriend, "So you didn't get any tickets last night either."

"Tickets to what?"

Stiles look to Austin, "The rave. Where have you been?"

"Is it really a rave if you don't roll?" Matt joked.

"I've heard that one before." Ryder deadpanned, rolling her eyes at his overused joke.

"Are they still selling?" Scott asked Matt, brushing off the conversation being had on the side.