girls night

—

"Why are you dressed like that?" Josie laughed out, leaning her head against the back of the couch.

Aaron looked at his daughter with a frown, "I'm going to work."

"Work?!" Josie sat up, sharing a look with Ryder who hid her smile behind her hand. "I forgot you had a job."

"What the hell does that mean?"

"I don't know." The youngest shrugs, pushing her bangs out of her face, "I thought you quit."

Aaron adjusted his doctors coat, "Where do you think I go when you're at school, smart guy?"

"I thought you stayed home. You know, to take care of mom."

"He still works, Jo." Romona said, rubbing her hand over the girls head as she passed her by the couch, walking towards her husband with a smile.

"Do i look unemployed?" Aaron wonder out loud, looking between his oldest daughter and his wife.

"Just a little bit." Romona teased.

Ryder shook her head, "Not at all. In fact, I think you look like you own plenty of businesses."

"But...?"

"But—you could lose the beard."

The man rolls his eyes, shaking his head to mock disappointment, "I can't win."

"No, you cannot, not with them." Romona smiles, pressing a kiss to his lips, "I love you, we will see you later."

"Alright, I love you too." Aaron gushed.

Ryder and Josie look at each other mocking their parents behind their backs before immediately straightening up when they faced them, "I love you girls, too. Have fun with girls night, make good choices!"

"Love you too, dad."

They watched him leave, smiles covering their faces until the door shut.

Romona and Josie turned to Ryder, sharing a look that she couldn't decipher.

"Spill it."

She looked down at the cup of juice she had in her hand, "That'll make a mess."

"Be serious, Ryder." Romona walked over to her daughter, sitting down in the chair next to her, Josie following along.

"Why do you look so happy?"

Ryder raised a brow, "Do I not look happy regularly?"

"No." The two deadpanned.

Romona placed a hand on Ryder's tattooed arm, tracing the ink, she sighed softly, "Are you being safe?"

Josie nearly choked, blushing ferociously as she tried not hint that she knew what her mom was talking about.