peter's daughter

tw; mentions of suicide

Austin laid back flat on the bed, Ryder sleeping soundly on his chest.

Despite the girl he loved not having enough confidence to express the love she had for him, he was in a pretty content mood.

Having already taken a long enough nap on the bus, Austin had suggested that Ryder get as much sleep as her body would let her before they had to leave again. She was reluctant at first, but the soft whispering of his voice letting out whatever came to mind was enough to lull her to sleep.

Not having anyone to talk to, he spent his time rearrange the jewelry on her hands and tracing the tattoos on her arms.

It had only been about fifteen minutes before his body jumped at the sound of someone banging on the door. He didn't want to move, but he knew that if they continued to knock then they wound wake Ryder up. So, with a low grunt, he gently maneuvered Ryder off his chest, making sure the pillow was covered before he laid her head on it.

Opening the door, he was shocked to see Allison, Lydia and Stiles staring at him with scared expressions on their faces.

"Where's Ryder?"

"Asleep, why?" He stepped back as Lydia brushed past him to get into the room.

"She hasn't left your side since earlier?" Stiles asked, closing the door behind him.

"No." He frowned, "What's going on?"

"This hotel has a framed number of 198 suicides." Allison bluntly responded, opening her bag to pull out a few papers.

"What?"

"We went in there earlier and it was 202." Lydia swallowed nervously, eyes darting around the room.

"Meaning what?" Austin questioned, sitting down next to Ryder, gently rubbing at her side to ease her awake.

"Meaning our werewolf friends are going to try and kill themselves if we don't stop them.

•••

Now awake, much to her dismay, Ryder walked slowly behind Allison, Stiles and Lydia, Austin holding her hand tightly.

"I'm not the only one who heard that, am I?"

"It sounds like someone turned the handsaw on."

Stiles' eyes grew wide as they stopped in front of a door, "Handsaw?"

The Stilinski shoved his shoulder against the door, grunting at the impact he made every time his body hit the door.

Austin had let go of Ryder's hand, moving to Stiles' other side to help him, successfully managing to force the door open. The sight in front to him sent his heart racing.