cora

—

Austin sat on Derek's, rather uncomfortable, couch. His head was tilted all the way back, eyes staring up at the ceiling as he listened to the pacing of Stiles' feet.

His mind traveled to the thought of how Ryder was at the moment. The girl had been asked last minute by Scott if she could accompany him and Derek in finding Boyd and Erica. His heart raced at the thought of her somehow getting hurt.

Austin knew she could take care of herself, very well, she's done it before. But that didn't mean his heart didn't drop every time she left him to go fight some random supernatural being.

He could admit that it threw him in for a loop to realize that Peter seemed nervous that his only known biological child was possibly putting her life on the line. He wasn't showing it on his face, but way his knee bounced gave him an idea.

"I can't take waiting around like this, you know? It's nerve-racking. My nerves are racked. They're severely racked...Racked."

"I almost assumed your nerves were racked."

Peter hummed, "I could beat you unconscious and wake you when it's over."

"You think Erica's really dead?" The Stilinski asked, looking more specifically at Austin.

"You think I really care?" Peter scoffed.

"He wasn't— never mind."

"I just... I don't understand the bank, though, okay? Wha... like, why wouldn't they chain them up in some underground lair or something? They're an Alpha pack, right? So shouldn't they have a lair?"

"They're werewolves." Austin told his friend.

"Not bond villains." Peter finished.

Stiles' eyes suddenly widen, "Wait a sec. Wait a sec. Maybe they're living there. You know? Like, maybe the bank vault reminds them of their little wolf dens."

"Wolf dens?"

Austin dropped his head, "Stiles."

"Yeah, wolf dens. Where do you live?" He asked the Hale man.

"In an underground network of caves hidden deep in the woods."

"Whoa, really?"

"No, dude." Austin groaned, lifting up in his seat to pull his phone from his back pocket. He shook his head as he realized Ryder hadn't texted him back yet.

Peter made a face, "No, you idiot. I have an apartment downtown."

"Okay, fine, but still, that just proves that there's something up with the bank. And why wait around for the full moon, huh? Why not just kill them whenever they want to?"

"Maybe they think it's poetic." Peter waved a hand.

"They've already had three full moons to be poetic." Stiles said.