no more kanima

—

The shirt Ryder had fell from her hand, Austin quickly catching the item before it could hit the ground.

"What the hell is this?"

"You know, I thought the same thing when I saw you talking to Gerard at the sheriff's station."

Ryder didn't seem to care about the fact that Scott had been speaking with the enemy, her eyes narrowing on the man that stood behind Derek.

"Okay, hold on. He - he threatened to kill my mom. And I had to get close to him. What was I supposed to do?" Scott defended himself.

Peter raised a hand, "I'm gonna go with Scott on this one. Have you seen his mom? She's gorgeous."

Derek and Scott shout at the man, "Shut up."

Isaac cut in, "Who is he?"

"That's Peter, Derek's Uncle. Little while back, he tried to kill us all, and then we set him on fire, and Derek slashed his throat."

"I'm also this one's father." The Hale pointed to the only girl in the room.

Ryder scoffed, "You're not my father."

Peter hid his hurt, watching the way her fists clenched in anger, "She gets her attitude from me."

"No doubt." Derek mumbled.

"I thought you were dead."

"Oh, I was. You can thank Lydia for that one."

Isaac nodded, "That's good to know."

Austin stepped forward, standing behind Ryder, holding her hand from behind, "How is he alive?"

"Look, the short version is he knows how to stop Jackson. And maybe how to save him."

"Well, that's very helpful except Jackson's dead."

"What?" Derek tilted his head.

"Yeah, Jackson's dead. It just happened on the field." Scott told them.

Isaac looked between the Hale men, "Okay, why is no one taking this as good news?"

"I am." Ryder lifted a hand up.

"If Jackson is dead, it didn't just happen. Gerard wanted it to happen."

"Oh, boo hoo, the problem is dead. Why should we care?"

Derek looked at cousin, "We need to know why."

"Well, that's exactly what we need to figure out. And something tells me the window of opportunity is closing. Quickly."

•••

"What's happening to him?"

"I thought that you were gonna tell me. Is it bad?"