threat from a nogitsune

so apparently i'm an idiot...i wasn't aware that the episode based on Kira's mom's past was literally the next episode. So bare with me.

—

Ryder's yawn filled the air as she opened her eyes in confusion.

She looked around to see Austin asleep by her side. He had no intentions of sleeping, fully prepared to let her rest while he watched whatever shows the hospital had to offer, only to then realize how tired he really was. He eventually curled himself into Ryder's chest, falling asleep as soon as her hand made contact with his hair.

Ryder gently pushed an uncomfortable pillow under his head in replace of her body, watching him tug it to his chest as she got out of the bed.

Her brown eyes glanced over at Isaac, the Lahey having yet to show any signs of waking up. He seemed healed for the most part, they were just waiting for him to awaken and express his annoyance for being electrocuted.

She could feel herself wanting to take his hand and draw away whatever amount of pain was keeping him from waking up, but knew her parents would be pissed if they found out she was taking someone's pain after just getting over something that could have killed her if she were human.

The girl looked away from her friend and instead focused her ears on the dinging of the elevator, followed by what sounded like Noah Stilinski's voice.

She immediately ran towards the bag of clothes her mother had brought her, wasting no time in changing out of the disgusting hospital gown she changed into earlier that morning after her shower. She was too focused on hurrying that she didn't bother walking into the bathroom. Hell, Isaac was unconscious and if Austin woke up, it wouldn't be anything he hadn't seen.

After changing her clothes, Ryder hurriedly walked around her bed to rub a gentle hand on Austin's soft face.

"Wake up!" She whispered harshly.

Was she contradicting the gentle touches with her urgent voice? Yes, but she was a women on a mission.

"Austin, wake up."

The George teen inhaled loudly as he rolled over with a groan, reaching over to grab her hand a tug her closer to him. Normally, she would fall into his embrace but she could faintly make out the sound of Allison's voice and wanted to get out of here as quick as she could.

"Austin, get up."

"What's wrong?"

"I'm leaving." She said, "You can either come with me or cover for me."