glen capri

—

Ryder couldn't hide the look of disbelief and disgust on her face when they stepped off the school bus. Her brown eyes were wide at the sight of the motel in front of them.

"This place looks so unsanitary."

"I've seen worse." Scott shrugged.

"Where have you seen worse?" Stiles exaggerated.

"Listen up. The meet's been pushed till tomorrow. This is the closest motel with the most vacancies and least amount of good judgment when it comes to accepting a bunch of degenerates like yourselves. You'll be pairing up. Choose wisely."

Austin lifted a hand, "Coach—"

"Yes, you can room with your girlfriend. I'll have no sexual perversions perpetrated by you little deviants." He directed his last comment towards Ryder and Austin, the girl chuckling while he boyfriend dropped his head down, cheeks red. "Got that? Keep your dirty little hands to your dirty little selves!"

Taking the key from Bobby's hand, Ryder takes hold of Austin's wrist, dragging him with her, the teen following after her with no complaints.

•••

"What are the odds we get zero sleep tonight? Because there's no way i'm letting my guard down in a hotel like this."

Austin hummed thoughtfully, "I would say a solid ten."

"Good answer." She smiled, plopping down on the bed.

"Speaking of good things—"

"Perfect segway."

"Thank you." He chuckled, "Are you good?"

"I'm okay."

She's said that plenty of times before, only this time he was almost certain she was telling the truth. He made sure their bags were near the door way before stepping forward, sitting down next to her.

A huff left his lips as he hit the mattress, Ryder's body lifting up at the action.

She turned her head towards him, raising a brow at the way he fiddled with his hands, cracking his knuckles. He looked as if he wanted to say something but couldn't muster up the courage to let it out. She figured she would give him a couple minutes to gather his thoughts.

"Welp." She sucked in her cheeks, tapping her thighs before she stood up, "I'm gonna go call my mom." She told him, watching him nod at her words, smiling at her when she walked out the room.