buzzkills and bus rides

—

Austin had his back rested against the window, feet hanging off his seat as his hood was over his head and his were shut, Marco laying flat on his chest. It wasn't the most comfortable position but it was enough to have him dozing off.

He knew his neck would be in pain by the time he woke up, but there was literally nothing better for him to do on the drive. Ryder had texted him and let him know that she, in fact, hadn't gone home and they would be seeing each other a lot sooner than they thought.

Not too long before he fell asleep, he heard Scott get up from his seat to persuade Boyd into not attacking Ethan, but he didn't bother to say anything, only getting more comfortable in his sleeping position.

•••

"What's wrong with him?" Coach asked Scott and Stiles, pointing to the unconscious teen in the seat in front of them.

Stiles leaned forward, dimples showing as he pressed his lips together, "He's napping."

Bobby hummed, going to say something, only to stop as he noticed a student looking rather ill, "Jared, I'm warning you. I'm an empathetic vomiter. You throw up, I'm gonna throw up right back on you. And it will be profoundly disgusting."

"Please don't talk about throwing up. It's not good." Jared said, taking deep breaths to calm himself.

"I might throw up on you just to make a point, Jared."

"It's not good. It's not good."

"Now the rest of you, don't think we're gonna miss this meet because of a slight traffic jam, a minor tornado warning, Jared. We're gonna make this thing. Nothing is gonna stop us! Stilinski, put your hand down!"

Stiles lowered his hand, "You know, there's, like, a food exit about a half a mile up. I don't know if we stop and then maybe—"

"We're not gonna stop."

"Okay, but if we stop—"

"Stilinski! Shut it! Seriously! It's a little bus! Stop asking me questions!"

Austin stirred awake at the yelling,

"I hate him." Stiles mumbled, turning to Scott, "Did you call Deaton?"

Scott shook his head, "I keep getting his voice mail."

"That's it. I'm calling Lydia and Allison." Stiles huffed, tapping the back of the seat in front of him, "Austin, you awake?"

"Unfortunately." He mumbled, voice thick with sleep as he sat up, shirt lifting a bit when he stretched.

"Call your girlfriend."