sound of flies

he's so bf...

The next morning, Austin felt a lot better. He and Ryder spent the night talking about Max before they ventured off and got ice cream. They later sat in the living room and watch a movie with Jenn, much to the woman's pleasure, even if she fell asleep twenty minutes in.

He still had a heavy heart as the death of his younger brother was a fresh thing, but he knew if he continued to mourn, he would never get over it. While Max was always on his mind, he didn't want his death to linger to the point where he couldn't live his life properly.

•••

Ryder had drove them to school that morning.

Did she have a license? No. Did either of them care? Not really. Austin was fearful for his life but whatever made her happy made him happy.

Getting out of the car, Ryder's smile was brighter than he'd ever seen but as she looked at him it faded a nit, "You're going to teach me how to actually drive so you have as much fun as I did."

"I had fun." His voice cracked, "Just maybe you know, slow down a bit next time? There's no reason for you to go seventy in a fifty, school isn't going anywhere."

"Sorry." Her cheeks grew red under his stare as she handing him back his keys, thankfully grabbing her bag from him.

"It's all good." He pressed a kiss to her forehead, pulling away with a frown.

"Hey, guys." The Steiner twins walked up to the couple, forcing Ryder to make sure Austin was behind her.

"We don't want to fight." Ethan raised his hands to show he meant no harm.

"What do you want?"

"We need to talk to Scott." Aiden stepped from behind his brother, his eyes boring into Ryder's face.

"Do either of us look like Scott?" She sassed him.

Scott and Stiles suddenly walked up to them, "You're back in school?"

"No, just to talk."

"Oh." Stiles chucked mockingly, "That's kind of a change of pace for you guys. Usually, you're just hurting, maiming, and killing."

"You need a pack. We need an Alpha." Aiden said.

Austin leaned to Ryder's ear, "This doesn't seem like our conversation."

"Just a second, sweetheart, this kind of interesting." She waved her hand.

He could have folded right there. Without much protest, he stood so he rested his chest against her back, their fingers intertwining on her stomach.

"Yeah. Absolutely not. That's hilarious though."

Scott ignored the Stilinski's words, "Why would I say yes?"