snitching on derek

"If we're doing a study group, why didn't we just stay in the library?"

"Because no one wants to sit in the library for two hours." Ryder scoffed, walking a little ways behind the group, yet her words were heard by them.

Stiles jumped at the opportunity to correct her, "Because we're meeting up with somebody else."

"Hmm, well, why don't they just meet us in the library?"

"Oh, that would've been a great idea. Too late." The Stilinski shrugged carelessly, speeding up his steps.

Lydia still seemed unconvinced, "Okay, hold on—"

"Lydia, shut up and walk." Jackson snapped, grasping her upper arm tightly and pulling her along.

He is suddenly shoved away from the girl, he winced at the hard punch he received to his arm,

"Watch yourself, jackass."

Ryder took a gentler hold on Lydia's wrist, pulling the girl forward quicker, being mindful that she was wearing heels.

She could feel the green eyes that focused on her ring covered hand, choosing to ignore it as she held the door open for the girl.

•••

"If we're studying at Scott's house, then where's Scott?" Lydia asked, getting out of Stiles' jeep, glancing over to see Austin and Ryder getting out of his car.

"Meeting us here, I think. I hope." Stiles whispered.

Stiles unlocked the door, letting everyone in, making sure to lock the door behind him.

Even if they were in this house a few months ago, Austin still took his time to look around, appreciating the decorating Melissa did.

He brushed passed Allison, sending the girl a smile before he went to stand near the windows.

He wanted to approach Ryder, who sat uninterestedly on the McCall's couch. Her brown eyes looking tired as she stared ahead at the black tv screen. He knew that the girl was slightly upset with him. He was aware of why she was upset, but he wanted to focus on how he could make it up to her.

It's not like he didn't want to agree with her, but it's hard to do that when the evidence was as clear as day. Jackson got tested, and he got paralyzed. Lydia was close to getting tested and she was the only person who got bit and hadn't turned into anything yet.

The excessive clicks of the door locking forces his eyes away from Ryder's side profile, he squints at Stiles, glancing over to see Lydia's look of confusion.

"Uh, there's been a few break - ins around the neighborhood. And a murder. Yeah, it was bad."

Ryder finds herself rolling her eyes at the excuse. Yeah, it might have worked for Lydia, as the girl looked uncertain but chose not to ask any further questions, but how long would their dumb excuses last, truly.

Jackson turned to his ex girlfriend, "Lydia, follow me. I need to talk to you for a minute."

"Seriously? What is going on with everyone?"

•••

"I wonder if they know how stupid they look right now." Ryder said, her eyes locked on Derek, who glanced up at her words. She hummed with a smirk as she lifted her phone teasingly, showing that she was dialing her moms number, to no doubt snitch on him.

"Hello?"

The teen smiled at the sound of the woman's voice, "Hey, mom."

"Ryder. Is everything okay? Why are you not home yet?"

"Because Derek's trying to kill us."

"Excuse me?" Romona's voice cracked at the blunt response.

"Yeah, I don't want to say this is your fault, but you did force me to help McCall and stupid friends—"

"Ryder."

"Sorry."

"Where are you?"

"Scott's house. Do you remember how I told you that Lydia Martin wasn't the kanima that's Derek's after?"

"Yes, I agreed with you. You said that you believed it was Jackson Whittemore."

"Exactly. Turns out, everyone else thinks differently so they're going after someone who has no clue of the supernatural. Crazy, i know."

She could sense the winces she got from the other three in the room. It was blatantly clear that she was holding a grudge.

"i will be over soon. Is everyone okay?"

"For the most part." She looked around, nodding to herself as she answered.

"Is—"

"Yeah, Austin's okay." The teen lifted his head at the sound of his name, his blue eyes wide with wonder.

"I will call you back when I am close."

"Okay."

"I love you, Ryder."

"I love you too, ma."

•••

"Oh, jeez. What are you doing?"

Allison's brows dip with hesitation, "I think - I think I have to call my dad."

"No, but if he finds you here - you and Scott—"

"I know."

Ruder wanted to point out that her dad more than likely already knew about their 'hidden relationship'. The couple wasn't very good at hiding things, especially considering Allison was always seen around Stiles, who would later be seen with Scott.

It was ridiculously easy to tell that the Stilinski was playing messenger.

"But what are we supposed to do? They're not here to scare us, okay? They're here to kill Lydia."

"This wouldn't be happening if you losers listened to a thing I had to say." Ryder groaned, walking in the direction of Scott's kitchen, taking the last banana that she was sure was for the teen. She smiled as she ate what she thought was Scott's breakfast for tomorrow morning.

"I got an idea. Just shoot one of 'em." Stiles said.

"I like that idea." Ryder shouted from the kitchen table, her eyes locked on the door in the room.

Austin quickly followed, "I don't."

Allison narrowed her eyes at the Stilinski, scooting over as Austin approached the two, "Are you serious?"

"We told Scott we could protect ourselves, so let's do it. Or at least give it a shot, right?"

"Okay." Allison released a breath, nodding along.

"Look, they don't think we're gonna fight, so if one of them gets hit, I guarantee they'll take off. So just shoot one of 'em."

"Guys—"

"Which one?"

"Uh - Derek. Yeah, shoot him, preferably in the head."

Austin shook his head, "If Scott was able to catch an arrow, Derek definitely can."

"Hey, losers—"

"Okay, uh, just shoot one of the other three then."

"You mean two." Allison pauses.

"There you go." Ryder can be heard teasing from the kitchen. Her eyes rolled dramatically as she waited for Isaac to walk out from his spot near the stairs.

"No, I mean three. Where the hell is Isaac?"

"He's been standing by the steps for the last three minutes of your conversation."

"And you tell us now?!"

"Could've been a lot earlier if you chose to listen to me."