full wolf form

—

The room was silent once Romona revealed some very crucial information that would have been very much appreciated earlier.

Aaron didn't seem as surprised as Scott and Stiles would have thought, which gave them the idea that he was already aware of this fact.

Derek seemed to know too, which didn't surprise them much, as Peter was Derek's uncle.

"I- I am so confused." Stiles admitted in a low tone, "Is that why he bit her?"

"What?" Scott knew that Peter was the one to bite Ryder, at the time, he was the only person that could have done it.

"He said he bit her as a gift to her mom." Stiles recalled.

"Gift received." The woman muttered under her breath.

"He triggered it." Derek told them, "Ryder was always a wolf, she just needed a push."

"Why is she fully turning?" Romona asked, tears filling her eyes as her leg bounced up and down.

"When Peter was alive, he turned into his full alpha form, a full wolf, a monster, i guess." Derek explained, "On top of him being her father, and the one that bit her, that just adds on to her being able to fully turn. It would be the same for any other supernatural person that he decided to have a kid with."

"So, if Ryder had a sister, she would also be able to fully turn?" Aaron asked.

Derek nodded, "Exactly. Depending on her species."

"How do we help her?" Scott spoke up, standing up from his spot on the end of the couch.

"Come on."

•••

Austin looked up at the sound of multiple footsteps coming downstairs.

He stood once he noticed Derek approaching, Scott, Stiles, and Ryder's parents not too far behind him.

"Are you helping her?" He immediately asked.

"I'm going to try to." Derek nodded, opened the door and putting himself inside, leaving just him and Ryder.

The cried out, her right leg snapping in several places.

"Derek." She hissed out, her tears of pain now coming out more than before as she let out a sob. "Make it stop, please."

"I'll do my best, kid." He winced, "Give me your hand."

This was his way of testing if he'd be able to ease her suffering without bringing so much pain to himself or Scott and Romona, the only other two that would be able to help.

"Shit." He gasped at the shooting pain making its way up his arm, suddenly feeling extremely awful for what she was going through.

He watched in shock as they young teen let out a gut wretched scream, her left leg being snapped out of place.

It seemed like it was only a split second before he was staring at Ryder, or what he thought was Ryder.

•••

"What the hell is happening to her?" Austin asked, his eyes moving between the four people in front of him.

"Get in here." Derek's voice cut in before any of them could respond.

Assuming he didn't mean himself, Austin reluctantly moved off to the side, along with Aaron and Stiles.

"Oh, my goodness." Romona gasped without warning, her eyes filled with tears as she stared at the beautiful creature that was her daughter.

"She's a wolf." Stiles concluded, keeping himself at a safe distance from the wild animal.

No one was able to take their eyes off of her, too afraid that any sudden movement would set her off.

The animal whimpered, clearly in distress, her head tilting in confusion.

"Ryder?"

Her head gave a nodding motion, she took a small step forward, each other them taking a step back.

All except one.

"Don't get too close." Derek warned Austin, he too was intrigued, but he didn't want to scare the girl any further than she already was.

"How do we get her to turn back?" Romona asked, sending a quick glance in Derek's direction, before focusing back on Austin and Ryder.

"I think he might have that figured out." He pointed,

Austin raised his right hand to the girls white fur, her leaning in to the action with a small huff.

•••

Ryder stayed in her wolf form for nearly an hour.

Three or more hours of pain, and only an hour of struggling to figure out how to turn back to her human form.

Derek didn't help much, Aaron would say. If anything, he believed that Austin, unknowingly did all the work.

The call to Derek definitely could have been avoided, because once they left Austin to inform Ryder of everything that happened, Derek wasted no time in letting Romona know that the girl would need a pack.

The annoyance and anger could be seen across Scott and Stiles' faces. They hadn't forgot that Derek was going out of his way to make betas, they put that thought aside for a few hours to focus on their old friend, but they didn't forget.

"She doesn't need to be in a pack." Scott concluded, "Aren't there lone wolves?"

"She's not just a 'lone wolf', okay? She's a beta that can fully transform. She doesn't know how to control it, and her anger is only going to cause more problems."

At this point, Derek had stopped talking to Scott, his words being spoken to Ryder's parents instead.

"Ro, imagine how hard it's going to be to train her." Derek stated, "Let me help her."

"I don't need your help."

Their heads snap to the stairs, Ryder's tired body was being held up by Austin, who was reluctant to even let the girl wander far.

"Go dig up Peter's remains so he can take this shit back."

"Can you do that?" Aaron mumbled, genuinely curious, his wife nudging him in his stomach before she walked to Ryder, gently placing her hands on Ryder's warm cheeks.

"How are you feeling?"

"Embarrassed." She responded bluntly, "How bad did I look on a scale of one to ten?"

"Now is not the time for jokes, Ry." Aaron said, "You had that boy scared shitless."

Austin dropped his head at the eyes on him.

"I wasn't that scared."

"Were you not worried for my well-being, father?"

Stiles cleared his throat, "Speaking of fathers."

"Why are you here?" Ryder narrowed her eyes.

"Moral support."

"Peter Hale is your dad." Scott blurts out.

The air grew tense, no one saying anything as they waited for the Miller girls reaction.

"Excuse me?"

A/N: I know a lot of people probably won't like the idea of her being able to fully turn... but i already had it written and thought out for a while, so if it's truly disliked, then i'll figure out a way to make her lose that ability.