Mark was sitting with you. Both eating the buffet left by mom. It was maybe your 3rd plate when you got the call.

"Hello?" You mumbled with a stuffed mouth. "Hello, is this y/n? We tried reaching Mark but haven't been able to." The voice that responded felt so automated. So professional. "Um yes this is y/n, what's up?" You swallowed the last bit of food and put your phone on speaker. "We're calling on behalf of your mother i'm assuming, She has you and...Mark listed as emergency contacts but our calls to him didn't go through. Your mother has been in a terrible accident and has been undergoing surgery since, we ask that you both come here in case she wont make it."

I didn't react as fast as I would've wanted to, but Mark dropped his fork and immediately rushed to the car. I followed behind him but not as fast. This was just too much to take in...mom can die? I always thought of her as an insanely strong super heroine or something! Once I got in Mark took off to the hospital. It was a silent drive, but it felt so painful just like that. It hurt bad.

Once at the hospital you both rushed to the hospital room. All of your worries were practically wasted, since she was sitting up perfectly fine in bed eating some hospital food. A drama was playing on tv and she seemed well over intrigued, almost sucked in as her own character. Without even a word Mark walked to her side and knelt down. "Oh honey...i'm sorry if I scared both of you.. Mommy just forgot to stop alright? I'm fine" she ran her hand through his hair. He didn't say anything still. All he did was cry and cry while hugging her arm. You took to her other side and cried too.

It was scary but mom turned out to be fine. She only needed to stay in bed and heal up, which would work fine since I wont be going to school. I can stay home and help her while Mark works. So that was the plan we had set.

While Mark worked, you would be hone alone with mom. The only person she can rely on really..

Thanks for reading!