105

Once they reached the breakfast diner, Y/n picked a table and they both sat while looking at the menu.

"I really want pancakes," y/n said while searching the menu for the perfect combo.

"That does sound good...speaking of good- how do you feel about Lucas being back?" Chan asked.

The question seemed to stump y/n. At first glance, she was happy. Lucas has been her first kiss and what she felt was her first love. He wasn't the first to tell her she's beautiful, hit he made it the most memorable. It wasn't as clear as that though, no it was much more difficult. She missed him, yes, but not in that way. It seems the void he left with his leaving was filled by something else, someone else. It just wasn't something she can put her hands on. Lucas returning.. was nothing more than the equivalent of a harmless mosquito bite.

She shrugged slightly, "I'm happy to see him again, just not as happy as I'd thought."

"Didn't you like him?" Chan asked.

"It was a small crush at most.. he just made me feel pretty...and I liked that- he just doesn't have that impact anymore."

"Y/n you do know you are beautiful right? I don't think I've ever met a girl as unique as you are in looks." Chan responded, wearing a smile.

The words echoed in y/n's mind. She felt warm inside. So warm she could melt really. It was a comforting sensation knowing Chan felt that way.

As she hid her face she responded, "Wow Chan, you really know how to make a girl feel more than she is."

"Well...you're more than you think you are y/n," Chan spoke as he took her hand in his.

The girl grew flustered at the action and couldn't help but let out a giggle. In her mind he was only joking around with a friend. She smiled at the joke until she looked up at Chan. His eyes were serious, as though he wanted to confess something he never could. Though for Chan he hoped to by the end of the day. He looked at her and gave her a soft smile.

"You're just about the most perfect person I've ever met y/n...it's more than admirable. I hope you aren't weirded out by me saying so, I just can't get over the fact that you're here with me...even if its just for breakfast. I still can't believe it."

She only stared at the boy as he ordered their food.

..perfect?

Totally didn't forget about Wattpad lololol
Thanks for reading!