ƧЄƔЄƝƬЄЄƝ

Xiao Zhan had a dream that night. He dreamed of the time he was in junior high.

When he came home from self-study in the evening and had just arrived at the ground floor, he could already hear the noises from his home. He felt that something was wrong and hurried upstairs.

When he opened the door, he saw his mother fall to the ground with blood on her head. She was clutching her stomach and groaning, while his father, Xiao Jianshi, stood drunkenly at the side. He raised his feet and was about to kick again.

Xiao Zhan ran over to cover his mother. That kick landed on Xiao Zhan's back.

His tears flowed down immediately, but it wasn't because he felt pain. Instead, he felt afraid and sad.

Xiao Jianshi drank so much alcohol that the whole house smelled like alcohol. After Xiao Zhan blocked this kick for his mother, he turned around and pushed Xiao Jianshi away. Xiao Jianshi staggered a few steps and fell to the ground.

Xiao Zhan quickly helped his mother up. Seeing his mother's half-closed eyes from being frightened. He dropped his school bag to carry his mother on his back, then went downstairs and stopped a car to go to the hospital.

In Xiao Zhan's impressions, Xiao Jianshi was always beating his mother. When he was a child, their family conditions were a little bit better and it wasn't so serious yet. His mother always lied and hid it from him. Eight times out of ten, Xiao Zhan did not find out.

When Xiao Zhan entered junior high, Xiao Jianshi got dumped by a woman outside. After losing money, he started to drink heavily, and that's when it became more intense.

Almost every day when Xiao Zhan came back from self-study, he could hear Xiao Jianshi shouting at home.

This incident became traumatic later on. Now he couldn't help but panic when he hears people argue on the streets.

Xiao Zhan still remembers the feeling at the hospital with his mother that day.

His tears were flowing out the whole time but he didn't dare to cry out. He was afraid that his emotions would overwhelm his rationality, making him unable to handle the matter in front of him.

Xiao Zhan was trembling the entire time. He was trembling when talking to the doctor and when the doctor bandaged his mother's wound. Only when the doctor finally said that there was no major problem and that she would be fine after a few days of care, did Xiao Zhan take the weight off his heart.

That night, he took his mother to get an IV drip. His mother was sitting on a bench with her face extremely swollen. But she still smiled at Xiao Zhan, touched his hair, and told him, mom is fine.

Xiao Zhan didn't dare to cry out loud. He didn't dare to hug his mother, for the fear of touching her wounds. He was so miserable that he could only squat down and hug his mother's thigh while weeping unceasingly.

All the neighbors know of Xiao Jianshi's domestic violence. Xiao Zhan had a lot of evidence and had been wanting to call the police long ago, but his mother never let him. For the sake of this so-called family, his mother endured it from beginning to end.

His mother was an extremely nice and gentle person. Xiao Zhan couldn't understand why Xiao Jianshi treated her like that.

When his mother got beaten like this, Xiao Zhan finally couldn't take it anymore. He asked his mother to return to City A and live with his aunt for a while. He stayed in City B, sorting out evidence while attending school, and then finally called the police.

However, the result of the first time call to the police wasn't very satisfactory because he didn't get his mother's consent. After the police came, Xiao Zhan's mother didn't stand on his side.