25. Hard To Accept.?

His glistening eyes looking up to mine as he sat down. I smiled lightly hoping he'd like it. He was still quiet as he began to read the message, then we all heard sniffling coming out. "Coups?" Jeonghan tapped him on the shoulder.

"Oh Cheol..!" We could see him tear up like a baby. I spread my arms out and he jumped straight into them. I smiled, swaying left and right. "I'm sorry." I patted the back of his head.

"I should be sorry.." He whispered softly and I smiled. My heart lost the heaviness it was holding in.

"Now, why don't you open the gift.?" I sat him down and wiped his eyes gently. "It's pretty! Hopefully for you." Everyone watched closely as he unwrapped the gift then untying the ribbon. That gold and black lined box. As he opened it..

"Woah!"

"It's so pretty!"

"Where was this made from?!"

"Coups it has your name engraved on it!"

I grinned, feeling quite cocky with the reactions I had received. But I continued to Jeonghan.

"Where's Joshua-?" I spun around, even seeing them, there was no sign of Joshua.

"He had to go take a call." Cheol raised his hand and I nodded.

"Oh alright. Then Jun here!" I went onwards, giving the rest of the members, their box. I was hoping they'd notice that we all had matching ones. I watched all of them open their boxes and they all had their own type of reactions. Or maybe like high school boys who received candy for the first time.

Joshua entered back in but my heart thumped a beat. It's like giving your crush chocolate on Valentine's day, I felt incredibly childish. I took the last box of the 13 and he placed his phone in his pocket. "What'd I miss?" He asked me and I smiled.

"Just a little bit of unwrapping. You're the last one." I clapped my hands together in front of me and he read the text before opening it carefully. "Why are you opening it like that?" I joked around, teasing him for his careful unwrapping.

"Because I want to read it everytime I want to." He grinned, his bunny smile taking over my heart. He untied the ribbon and opened the box. He stopped moving all of a sudden and he gave it a weird look, since the members were around he looked at them.

"Is something wrong?" I tilted my head, covering his view of the others.

"We're all matching." He showed off the charm and I nodded, glad he saw it. Everyone checked theirs and went over with each other. Jeonghan came over and Joshua inspected Jeonghan's admiring his and everyone else's bracelets.

"You know. I got lucky with this gift. It was purposely made for 14 people to match." I smiled, taking out my bracelet.

"Actually?!" Vernon gave me the best expression.

"Yeah!" I chuckled, turning back to Joshua.

"Why is mine the only one with a heart?" Joshua tilted his head, everything falling into silence.

"What do you mean?" And I took a look at his bracelet. It really did have a heart. I checked with the others and they didn't have one. I checked my messages and she did text me something before but I didn't see it.

I accidentally messed
up this one's name so
I'll make it into a heart.

I'll put a heart on yours
too so it won't look that
oddly out.

______

I turned red, embarrassed but what she did. What a coincidence! "She made a mistake.." I rubbed the back of my head and he took my hand. "I mean..I can go get it done again.."

"I think it looks great." He said but then leaning inwards, holding my wrist. "I'm actually quite happy I'm the only one. Like we're secretly matching." He pointed on my bracelet and I could feel warmth flush over my body.

"Come on! Let's all watch TV together!" Mingyu brought us over. We decided to watch a variety show of Running Man. We all sat on the beds and laughed and talked with eachother. I knew nothing was going to change after this. Right?.

Next Day.

"Vernon! Let's go!" I knocked in their room and the door was pulled open. I glanced down then to up. "Wha-"

"Come in." He didn't have a shirt on.

"Put on a shirt for goodness sake. We aren't that close." I avoided my eyes from his direction.

"That's the thing. I can't find the shirt I chose." He was scuffling around and I was helping him look.

"Then just get another one!"

"But I bought it! It's new and I want to wear it." He was very insisting..I sighed rolling my eyes.

"Where's Seungkwan and Chan?" I peeked around but he didn't reply. "Vernon?" I faced him and his eyes suddenly drooped.

"We're going to be together but you're thinking about where those 2 went?" It was like he was pouting.

"Eugh! Don't do that!" I laughed, pushing his face away. "And is this the shirt?" I shoved it in his face.

"Yeah! Thanks." He put it on and their suite was surprisingly cleaner than I thought.

"Hurry up. We're going to be late!" I unlocked the door, waiting for him outside.

"Yup! Give me a moment." His husky voice replying, as I heard a bunch of things bashing about. He came out with the keys and we went down together.

"So where is Seungkwan and Chan?" I asked once again, hoping he'd answer properly this time. He still looked straight ahead.

"They attended a shoot with Wonwoo, Mingyu and DK." He said, opening the door for me.

"Huh. I mean all of you guys are good looking." I added onto my other sentence as the wind entered.

"Am I really?" Vernon quoted such a strange question.

"Yeah! And you all have got the greatest personalities out there." I smiled, as we took a taxi to work.

"Your birthday is coming up soon." He mentioned and I nodded. I was quite surprised it went by so quickly. I didn't even realize having fun and moments would be so rapid through time. It was April at the moment. Near the end of the month.

"That won't change anything right?" I smiled rubbing his fluffy hair.

"Of course it won't." His hand suddenly placed on mine. We looked at each other in the eyes, seeing his shift..

"That's good then." I turned my head but I left his hand on top of mine. I still had eyes for someone else.. Why is Joshua my choice? It's pretty hard to accept the fact I like him.