43. Haneul's Story.

"I was a trainee at that company too."

Past.

Haneul's Pov.

"Hello! My name is Dan Haneul! It's a pleasure meeting you all!" I greeted myself. But the atmosphere didn't feel overall great. A bit dark in my opinion.

"I'll come check on you guys later." The director spoke and then left the room. We were practicing all by ourselves. But I guess since we're models I supposed I'd do the same.

"Hey! Sorry. I couldn't really be happy in front of him. But my name's Dohyun. Nice to meet you." He whispered, placing down his papers.

"O-Oh. You..can't be happy?" I tilted my head.

"No..You'll understand when time comes...But I suggest to leave." He scratched his head and I lightly wondered, but admired his personality.

"Want to practice together?" I offered and he ultimately agreed in a flash. In our times we spent practicing together and when we were free, we always hung out.

And obviously..my feelings grew. "Dohyun! Look what I bought!" I smiled, showing the rings I bought not long ago. Just for the 2 of us.

"It's so pretty! I'll put yours on for you." He slowly took the ring and gently placed it on one of my fingers. I smiled lightly, glad he enjoyed it. "To be honest..This must be expensive..You shouldn't have bought it."

"Why shouldn't I. I care for you the most!" I exclaimed and he hugged me.

"Aren't you such a kind girl sometimes.?" He rubbed my head, laughing.

"You 2!" Another girl came up to us. "Let's practice all together!" She cheered and we accepted it.

Later on.

"Do better." The director pulled my hair and threw me away. After the exam..We all sulked in the room once again and I went to Dohyun.

"Are you alright?" He patted my head lightly.

"Mhm. Are you?" I took his glasses from the floor and carefully put it on his face.

"I guess. It's getting kind of hard now though." He wrapped his arms around his knees, his voice a little muffled.

"But we'll get through it together. I promise!" I raised my pinky and he glanced at it before looking at me in the eyes.

"Fine.." He raised his pinky, locking it with mine. I chuckled and we returned back to normal after a couple days. But more and more months came by, we were nowhere near perfect.

Just looking at everyone, everyone was drained, we all wanted to give up..But why were we still fighting.

"Haneul. I have to leave. I can't do this anymore." We fell into a hug and his fingers were digging into my back. My eyebrows furrowed as I heard his cracked voice. "I'm sorry. I know.."

"Nono! It's fine! Just..be happy okay.?" I rubbed his cheek, hugging him again.

"I'm sorry I'm leaving you." He was tearing up but I just wiped his tears, behind his glasses.

"You're not leaving me! I want you to find me when I'm famous! Find me when you're happy again! I'll fight for us!" I held his hands and I showed our rings. "I will hold onto my ring. You hold onto yours. Just find me and show this ring. I will find you! Or maybe find me!" I giggled and he sniffled.

"I promise Haneul.." He kept on sobbing though.

"I'll love you forever." I kissed his hands. "Let's wait for each other hm?" He nodded and we got through the night with peace.

Next day.

"I love you Haneul."

"I'll only love you, Dohyun." I smiled, waving at him.

"He was useless anyways. Everyone. Back in and practice now!" The director yelled.

"He wasn't useless." I muttered. And he suddenly grabbed me.

"What did you say?!" He grabbed my shirt as I stood there with fear. I shook my head.

"I bet you can hear it with those big ears of yours! HE WASN'T AND ISN'T USELESS!" I rebelled back and he punched me, dropping me to the floor.

"You better fix that attitude when I bring the new girl." His shoes clacking off into the distance.

"Damn it." I mumbled, making my way back to the practice room. I sat in the corner by myself, I felt so lonely without Dohyun. But he'll definitely come back..

I promised..

"Welcome Eunhi. She'll be joining you." I glared at the girl as I paid no attention.

She was the chatty one, it reminded me of when I was like that. She was like a rebel..The director didn't seem to catch her at her times. But she was incredibly different..I even found myself admiring her at times.

"Haneul..You should have this." She always gave me gifts and comforted me..But she did the same to everyone else.

There was no difference in what she did for me than the others. She treated us all equally. But we were at that stage again where we began on quitting but..We didn't realize..

"Let's do it." She insisted and we started going. But..What about Dohyun?.

The group turned back and saw her stay with the director. I widened my eyes as she sacrificed herself. Why?. Why did I leave too?! I promised..

"Go be free!" She yelled. The door closed and I stood there. Was she an idiot..?

I lost my chance.. I turned back and everyone seemed just as confused, but I felt anger crawl up me. Why..why would she do that?! She's selfish! Thinking she can just do that for our sakes! Dohyun..! What do I do?!..