36. A Mess.

"You're..what?" Jeonghan made Joshua repeat himself.

"I'm dating Haneul." My eyes widened. Haneul..? "I have to take an early leave." He said. "Sorry, happy birthday." He just exited the house and left us in shock.

"Did he just-" Dk pointed and I stood there..My whole life crumbled..My ear started to ring as I covered it, hoping it'd stop.

"I need to go take..a walk." I said, rushing out instantly. My ear wouldn't stop ringing. Why her? What's so special..?

My ear hurts..I can't hear my surroundings that well..Does he even remember anything we did together? Did he ever love me?. Is this what she was doing this whole time.?

I inhaled and exhaled, my hearing coming back. I needed to cry..But the cherry blossoms showed on my phone. They were going to bloom today..right? I thought to go check it out and I walked to the destination.

I glanced at the picture and then straight ahead. It was beautiful.. I enjoyed and picked up a petal. Pink..And soft the petals were. But out of the focus I saw 2 people.

It focused instantly, realizing it was Joshua and Haneul. They weren't that far from where I was standing. The petal, twisted tight in my hand. I saw him turn around, that expression I could never forget.

I couldn't help tearing up..How could he just go with her, not even thinking about what we did. "Eunhi-!" I heard him yell out but I turned around instantly, bumping into the members.

"Eunhi.." Cheol looked at me as I hugged him instantly. I cried as he hugged me back.

"So you ended up with her..?" I heard them start to talk. I turned back around seeing Haneul's hand on his arm.

Joshua's Pov.

Months ago.

I went off to go find Haneul. "Haneul." I finally reached up to her and she turned around, not a single tear on her face. Wasn't she crying.?

"Joshua~!" She just smiled at me. "They're so mean.."

"Uh..I'm sure they didn't mean it. Work is hard I guess." I shrugged, I didn't really think much..but I believe that she's a good person.

"You know, could you do something for me.?" She asked.

"Okay. What is it?" I wanted to make sure, before accepting any offer.

"Well..It's more like an order. You break up with Eunhi..On her birthday you will date me." She held my hand as she could just innocently smile.

"Excuse me?! There's no way I'm doing that!" I snatched my hand away.

"Oh..But wait. You don't know how much I can destroy her and your friends. I don't care much about either of you guys." Her grip intensified , her nails digging back into my skin. "If you need your proof. Go look at Eunhi's face." She smirked, walking off. Her heels clacking into the distance.

I can't break up with Eunhi..I love her. But her life..And the others..

Next day.

I watched as the members and Eunhi were in distress..I'd be helping them if I went to Haneul..Right? I jogged off to find Haneul as she was sitting by herself.

"You. Tell me what I have to do." I grumbled.

"So..Try to find a time to break up with her before the New Year. On her birthday we'll announce that we're together. Simple right?" She smiled, raising her shoulders as she licked her ice cream.

"Just know I'll never love you." I gritted my teeth and she shook her head.

"You don't need to." She leaned back.

"What did Eunhi ever do to you." I was rushing to know the answer..I could bail on her if I know the reason.

"Pretty much everything. I want revenge. She sacrificed her pretty self just for us. She's selfish for doing that. She thought she could help us..But no she ruined everything." That was one of the most genuine expressions I had seen from her.

But who is 'us'? "Help with what?" I went on.

"That old shitty company. She really thought she was some hero. She left us in the dust." She finished off her ice cream, throwing the stick ahead. She was part of the trainee group.?

"She probably did it because she cared. You're taking everything the negative way." I opinioned and she grabbed my shirt.

"Watch what you're saying. I can also ruin her life by these kind of words." She insisted, I didn't want to go any farther so I accepted her rules. "Now..Enjoy your time whilst you can. If I were you, I wouldn't create such a lovely bond before breaking up." What did she mean by that? I didn't quite exactly understand it.

Every day, I tried giving all my time to Eunhi..But it only made me break a little more inside..But seeing her smile is enough for me.

I don't think I'm doing the right thing honestly..But to support them, I'll sacrifice myself just for all of them.

Sometime In September.

It got more stressful, I didn't know if I could handle being next Eunhi, knowing I'll be hurting her in the near future..The more Haneul has been piling on me the more I couldn't concentrate right.

"Joshua! Don't worry..!" Her touch was so soothing I wanted to cry. I furrowed my eyebrows in distress.

"Eunhi..I can't." I slipped her hand away. I couldn't bare to look at her in the eyes.

"But- Joshua.." I could feel and hear the cracks in her voice and it's the worse feeling..Do I really have to put her through this.. I didn't want to say anymore so I just walked off, away from my house.

But Haneul isn't always looking..right? I contemplated whether or not I should return to say sorry. It was hard deciding if I should risk it just for one moment more.

I turned back around after a couple of minutes as I went back. I saw Eunhi, panting, Haneul on the floor. I panicked and wanted to go straight to Eunhi. But her face..