53. Why Don't I Try?

Jeonghan's Pov.

I had to stay overtime at work today because of a few meetings. I was walking past the hallway, watching the rain fall outside and I stopped to watch it for a bit before returning to work.

Rain is nice. Fresh but is quite a hassle for specific situations. I held my phone and took a peek at it, seeing a notification, Dino, Mingyu and Wonwoo sent a picture in the groupchat.

 I held my phone and took a peek at it, seeing a notification, Dino, Mingyu and Wonwoo sent a picture in the groupchat

We're waiting for the rain to stop~~

I laughed seeing how cute they are. We've grown through a lot recently. Hardships but we all still seem to be fine. That's what I like about it. Nothing is too simple yet nothing is so difficult either.

"Hyung!" I saw Vernon at the end of the hallway, running to me.

"Hm? You're here too Vernon?" I stayed standing there and he smiled.

''Yeah. I mean I'm done with work, I just had to finish chatting with the director.'' We began to talk as we walked together to my meeting room.

"What did you talk about?"

"About an interview I'm going to have." He replied and we stopped as his phone rang.

"Hm? Hyung?" Vernon glanced at me and I was able to listen a bit.

"Vernon..Seungkwan's at the hospital. I'm with him right now." Both were we shocked as we let Dk continue. "A fan attacked him and he fell, landing on his wrist badly."

"Which hospital are you guys at?!" Vernon's voice was scared and Dk told us the hospital and we took a taxi over there. "Don't you have work?"

"Seungkwan is more important Vernon." I did text the staff about it and I was let off for the day. We went to the hospital, seeing Dk call for us. We followed him to the room and Seungkwan was sitting on the bed and he looked so nervous.

"You both are wet." I looked at their hair and they didn't answer. "Aren't you cold?" I asked once again and they shook their head.

"Aren't you going to ask if I'm okay?" Seungkwan pointed out as I forgot.

"Sorry..Are you okay?"

"Yeah." He seemed disappointed with something and Vernon gazed at me. I guess I did something wrong again..How many more times will I have to pull through when I do these things unconsciously?

"He's tired..I bet." Dk tried cheering me up but I just accepted it and walked out in distress.

"Hyung! I'm sure he's just in a bad mood. Don't take it seriously." Vernon caught up to me and I just smiled.

"I'm not. But I feel a little tense right now." I replied and he stood there with a slight surprise on his expression. "I'll catch you later. Take care of them." I added on, getting into a taxi and left him there under the rain.

I watched the rain and scenes pass by as the car drove on. I leaned my elbow on the window sill and just felt no need to just go on anymore.

"Here we are." The taxi driver said and I paid him before exiting. The rain was so heavy today but my heart feels exactly like its anger.

I had no umbrella though so I was left in the standing rain near a bus station. I ran under the hood and stood there hoping it would stop in some way.

"Uhm..Excuse me. Could I sit down?" A feminine voice spoke to me as I looked at her. I moved my way out and she sat down. "Are you alright?" I thought it was for someone else but then she tapped me.

I glanced back at I bowed. "Sorry..Were you talking to me?" I scratched the back of my head lightly and she smiled.

"No worries. Are you alright though?"

"Yes I am, Why?" I was getting slightly weirded out by her talk but I didn't want to judge too much.

"You're crying." She said and I stood there as I touched my face and tears were falling down.

"Haha..I actually don't know why. I'm sorry." I wiped my eyes and she shook her head.

"You must love that girl?" She pointed at my phone and I took it to look at it. A picture of Eunhi was in my gallery and I nodded slowly.

"Yes..But I'm afraid she doesn't love me back." I sighed, upset about it. "She's..the kindest person out there. She rejected me so nicely but it gave me more pain than a usual no."

"Then she must be the best girl there. You must love her entirely." The girl smiled at me and I agreed.

"I do..But I'm competing with probably 3 others. My friends. I'm probably the last choice." I was putting out negativity again.

"No one is ever the last choice. You probably aren't trying." She shrugged, sitting there on the bank.

"But why should I try if one of them is her ex that she loves entirely and now has a boyfriend.?" I explained and she stayed silent.

"Did you try before any of this happened?" She continued and I shook my head.

"I was figuring out what my feelings meant." I added and she said nothing. The bus stopped in front as she stood up.

"Well..Yoon Jeonghan. I hope you have better luck. I'll pass mine onto you." She smiled as she stepped on.

"How do you know my name?!" I yelled as the doors began to close.

"You're famous of course." She waved as then the doors closed. I watched the bus ride off into the distance..As my heart was beating once again as I looked at the photo.

"Why don't I try.?" I whispered as I placed my phone in my pocket. I may never get with her but..I want to show that I can do something once and for all.

I never got her name though. Will we ever meet again in the future?