chapter 31

It's been a week now... After spending a week in Gulmarg, all four come back to Mumbai by morning flight today and then from the airport, Avni, Simran and Raj come to Mehra house while Neil leaves his Avni unwantedly and goes to Khanna house.

Now it is night time, after dinner everyone is in their respective rooms in Mehra House....Avni also changes her clothes and comes to the room from the washroom and as soon as she comes into the room, her phone rings, seeing which a smile appears on her face and then she picks up the call, stands at the balcony door and starts talking to Neil and while talking, Neil says

"I am missing you a lot" Neil says on which she smiles

" Hum aaj subah hi to laute hai aur saath me the.. aur itni jaldi miss bhi karne lage...hmmm, ye thoda jyada nahi ho gya..." Avni says

" Kya jyada ho gya... main miss kar raha hu to Kar raha hu.. mujhe ab tumse ek pal ki duri bardaast nahi hoti, man karta hai aaj hi tumhe apne paas le aaun "

" But ye possible nahi hai Mr. " she says teasingly

" Ye possible hai miss... main kal ghar me sabko sab btaa raha hu.."

" Kya... par Neil aap thoda ruk jaate... sab kya sochenge, hm aaj hi laute hai aur...." she's not able to complete her sentence when Neil interrupts her

" Kya sochenge... Kal btaaun yaa kuch din baad... sab wahi sochenge jo unhe sochna hai.... to fir main wait kyon karu ? Aur Main to aaj hi btaana chahta tha par fir socha aate hi daant kyon khaaun... Kal daant khaa lunga..." Hearing his words she shook her head in disbelief....When he knows he will be scolded then why does he want to do the work that requires scolding?

" Par Neil.... Avni is unable to say anything further when suddenly she hears Neela's voice from behind.

" Kis se baat kar rahi ho bachcha...?" Avni's eyes get wide and without disconnecting the call, she turns back to see Neela who's standing in front of her with a glass of milk in her hand.

Neela sees her and again asks

" Kya hua ? Maine knock kiya par tumne suna hi nahi, isiliye andar aa gyi...
kis se baat karne me itni busy ho ki kuch hosh hi nahi hai tumhe....?" Avni gets shocked hearing this while on the other hand Neil smiles hearing this...It is obvious that she is lost in talking to him, but before that, Neela says something else about which Neil teases her later, that is why she disconnects the call first.

" Wo maa priyal, priyal se baat kar rahi thi...."

" Itni raat me ?"

" Haan maa.. wo trip par maine kya kya kiya wahi btaa rahi thi use aur us se baat karte mujhe knock sunaayi nahi diya..." Hearing her words neela smiles

" Accha! ab baat ho gyi n... aao ye milk finish karo..." Avni hears this and quickly takes the milk from Neela's hand and starts drinking it but the milk gets stuck in her throat when she hears Neela's next word.

" Ye tumhare haath me kya hai... ye ring kab li tumne ?" Neela asks after seeing the ring on her finger which Avni was wearing at the beginning of the trip which Neil had given her...That day she had told that if anyone asked, she would say that her special friend had given it, but today suddenly when Neela asked, she could not think of any answer.

And seeing her coughing, Neela pats her back.

" Aaram se bachcha, itni hadbadi me kyon pii rahi ho..." Hearing this Avni becomes a little normal and says

" Wo maa ye ring maine khud nahi li "

" To fir kisi ne di... Raj ne ?"

" No maa "