chapter 43

It is 4 o'clock in the morning, the women of the Mehra family, Neela, Simran and Avni, come to the dining table to perform morning sargi before starting their vrat (fast).

But as soon as they reach there, they are surprised to see the entire table decorated with different types of food and before they can say anything about who has done all this, they see Raj coming from the kitchen with another dish in his hand.

Raj's eyes fall on them and she places the dish in her hand on the table and says

" Good morning my beautiful ladies, aapka khaana taiyaar hai...." Simran is suprised and now she knows where her husband had gone when she woke up to freshen up, before coming here.

Neela and Avni are also impressed by this gesture of Raj because he has never done this before but Neela smiles at her son's initiative to do all this for his wife's first Karva Chauth.

" Avni beta mujhe pakado, kahin mujhe chakkar naa aa jaaye tumhare bhai ko aise dekh...." Neela speaks dramatically while Avni actually catches her placing her hands on her mom's back and Raj and Simran look at them.

" Kya hua mom ?" Somewhere Raj is aware of his mother's drama, yet he asks this question and Neela answers him

" Beta ji aaj se pehle to kabhi tumne Karva Chauth par khaana nahi bnaaya mere liye...." Raj smiles at this and says while teasing her

" Mom aapke liye main khaana kyon bnaaunga, aapke liye aapke pati hai n...." Simran widen her eyes at his statement, how can he say such a thing?
and before anyone says him on this, Raj speaks further

" And don't worry, aapke pati ne bhi aaj milkar ye sab bnaaya hai, bas wo aapke liye aapki favorite sweet dish ko last touch de rahe hai..." neela is shocked to hear this, Today a miracle has happened in this house.

" Kya ? Ashish kitchen me hai ?" Neela asks surprisingly and she also realizes that when she woke up, Ashish was not next to her and before Raj can answer his mother, Ashish brings his wife's favorite sweet dish from the kitchen and Neela looks at him with surprise.

" Good morning biwi sahiba " Ashish tells Neela to which Neela smiles and then Ashish wishes morning to Simran and then very lovingly to his princess Avni.

" Good morning dad..." After Ashish wishes, Avni responds by giving him a side hug, on which Ashish holds her in his arms and kisses her forehead.

" Ye sab aaj kya ho raha hai is ghar me....?" Neela asks on which both father and son duo sees each other and then answer

" Mom meri biwi ka pehla karvachauth hai to uske liye chize special honi chahiye n...." he says looking at Simran and hearing his answer Simran smiles looking at him

" Aur aap, aapki biwi ka to pehla nahi tha...aaj suraj kahan se nikla hai, shaadi ke itne saal baad, aaj pehli baar yaad aaya ki biwi ne karvachauth rakha hai...?" Neela asks on which ashish slightly bites his tongue before giving his answer

" Nahi, wo to main aaj bhi nahi jagta, tumhare bete ne jgaa diya...." Neela's mouth remains open at these words of Ashish, while their children gives him a look that why are you doing the act of getting beaten by your wife today?

" Dad.....now don't say that..." Avni says on which ashish smiles and before he says anything neela speak

" Rehne do Avni, mujhe inse yehi umeed thi...ye kabhi khud se aisa kuch kar hi nahi sakte...."

" Arre main to mjaak kar raha tha, tum to serious ho gyi..." Ashish says in his defense but neela ignores him and seeing his mom mood getting off Raj comes in his dad side

" Mom...... dad sch me mjaak kar rahe the...actually ye mera aur dad ka ek saath bnaaya hua plan tha ki aaj hum khaana aap sab ke liye bnaayenge...." Raj speaks but neela ignores him too