chapter 41

In khanna house

Both the families gather, unfortunately Neil is out of the house for some work but still Raj tells his suggestion to both the families and after some thought and discussion everyone feels that Raj is right, they should at least get engaged.

And with this, Raj makes it clear to the Khanna family that Avni does not want to get married right now, the Khanna family also agrees with this decision because they had already told Neil that Avni would not be ready for marriage yet, so he should not be so hasty.

All of them are talking when suddenly they all hear the bell at the door, Bheema opens the door and Neil comes in from there but as soon as he reaches the hall, he gets surprised to see the Mehra family but is also a little shocked when he does not see Avni with everyone....he thinks that if all of them have come here just like that then why didn't Avni come?

But then he does not stand alone for long and does not talk to himself and the first thing he does is come close to them and seek ashish and neela blessings by touching their feet.

Then he hugs Simran but then when his turn comes to hug Raj, he looks at him silently...The entire family attention is also on both of them and so that the family does not know about their differences, Raj gets up from his place and hugs Neil which he reciprocates with slight smile.

Simran sees their drama and sigh.

Then when Neil sits with them, Shweta speaks

" Waise Neil aaj humare paas tere liye ek good news hai..." Neil looks at Shweta confused at this, what good news is there for someone who has so much sorrow in his life?

" Kya mom ?" Neil asks on which everyone looks at eachother and Raj Simran sees eachother

" Neil agar aisi koi baat thi to tu khud aakar hume btaa sakta tha, apne dost se sifarish karwaane ki kya jrurt thi..." Shweta says teasingly on which Neil gets confused....What has he recommended?

" Raj bete ne tere aur Avni ki sagaai ka sujhaao diya hai...." Neil is surprised as well as shocked and before he can react anything, Shweta speaks further

" To humne bhi pandit ji se baat ki, 2 hafte baad ki taarikh unhone btaayi hai...to iska mtlb teri aur Avni ki sagaai 2 hafte baad hai..." Everyone can clearly see the expression of surprise on Neil's face and there Neil sees Raj who is looking at him but without any emotion.

" Main to tujhe haraami samjh raha tha, par tu toh dev-manus nikala...." This is Neil's first reaction when he sees Raj and saying this, he gets up from the couch and goes straight to Raj, seeing which Raj also gets up from the couch and Neil straight hugs him.

" Thank you yaar...." Neil says this but Shweta scolds him for his previous words because no matter what, Raj is now their son-in-law.

" Neil ye kya language hai... Raj is ghar ka damaad hai, tamiz se baat karo..." She scolds him for calling Raj a haraami which makes Raj smile.

" It's ok maa, koi bhi rishta hone ke pehle hum dost the....to itna chalta hai...." Hearing this, Neil separates from Raj and says smilingly

" Correct...." the family shook their head on him and continues their talks

" Aur dost the kya bro... hum humesha sabse pehle dost hai aur humesha rahenge...." He speaks placing his hand on his shoulder, hearing which Raj smiles and when he sees that the family is busy talking among themselves again so he removes Neil's hand from his shoulder and says in a whispering voice

" Nahi Neil, jo tha wo tha, aaj se tum mere liye sirf meri behan ke Fiance aur meri biwi ke bhai ho mere liye, is se jyada koi aur rishta nahi hai humare beech...." Raj whispers this and sits back on the couch and Neil is shocked to hear this from him, he knows that maybe he said something wrong to him in anger but how can he break their friendship?