Chapter 2

Ravia roughly combed her fingers through her disheveled blonde hair and stepped out of the room. The eyes that followed her every move was clearly filled with astonishment.

No one could reach out to talk to her, but she was doing something very unusual right now.

Because she went outside the room in messy pajamas.

'What's wrong with this?'

As she strode across the corridor, Ravia hovered around despite being pierced by their cold gazes. It was funny to see people glance at her as if saying 'Are you allowed to do that?' without actually saying anything to her.

In fact, walking around in pajamas at her own home was a very trivial act.

As the successor, Ravia had never behaved against the conduct so far. Plus, the people around her were eager to undermine her, so it was beyond words how much she had to suppress herself.

Every look that watched over her was as sharp as an ice pick.

A life in a single strand of rope.

She mustn't fail. Because she was the successor of Leontine. Ravia had to be more than perfect to not tarnish Leontine's name.

'What's so great about all that?'

But not anymore. Ravia walked down the stairs with light steps. She walked without slippers, but it felt like she stepped on soft fur.

Her heart was also so light. She was about to be kicked out from her spot. Which means she didn't have to suppress herself on those useless stares anymore.

But it also meant something else at the same time.

“….Welcome back, father.”

She was terribly dejected.

Ravia stopped at the stairs. About three spaces below, two men stood on the path leading up to the parlor and front door.

The novel barely did the narrative for the villain, so it was impossible to know what kind of feeling Ravia had when she first met Tidwell, but Ravia could feel it as soon as she saw his unfamiliar face.

'Ah.'

It was such a hopeless feeling.

Her eyes met with his blue eyes. His silver hair was as alluring as his blue eyes.

Since he was the male lead, no word was needed to describe his extraordinary beauty.

He looked like he shaved off. Although it was slightly desolate and decadent, his face itself was strong.

Even if she didn't hear much about his prominence, she could feel it just by facing him. He was extraordinary.

Even though she just made eye contact, she knew he was more of a perfect successor than Ravia, who spent her entire life to become a perfect successor.

Not to mention, he had Leontine's silver hair. Its existence itself meant a lot.

Therefore, the Ravia in the novel who lived her life counting the days until she became a successor was hit by a great deal of despair when she met him. She knew everything, but somehow, it was still suffocating.