Chapter 64

Ravia became worthless to Herod once he found the spring user. He didn't have to keep his promise either.

All he had to do was to lead Duke Leontine closer to the truth and let Tidwell do the killing. So if Ravia was still as determined to marry as she was at first, her fate would be in jeopardy.

“But she offered me something new.”

Ravia changed course.

It may not be the best scenario that Herod originally wanted, but it was the best thing he could think of for now.

Because Ravia had seen through his entire plan.

Perhaps Ravia had already set her eyes on it and deliberately revealed that she knew all his cards.

She chose this alternative because she knew that it'd be impossible to beat him right now.

But the alternative that she thought of was spectacular.

“What did she suggest?”

“Well, it was the least thing that crossed my mind.”

Rette looked at Herod as if he was saying nonsense, but Herod only smiled lightly at her.

Because he was dumbfounded when he thought about it again.

“That woman… asked me to take care of Tidwell.”

The condition offered by Ravia was simple.

Take care of Tidwell.

Of course, this didn't mean that he should simply 'pay attention' to Tidwell.

“Don't let what Tidwell has built collapse. If he needs some financial aid, lend him your wealth. If he seems to have lost his personal connection, help him connect with people.”

“Is the mouse thinking about the cat, now?”

“Of course, it may look like that. But think about it. When I take over Leontine and Tidwell loses a lot from it, will my position be safe?”

The proposal that sounded absurd at first turned out to have some logic in it.

In short, Ravia wanted to make it not too bad if he lost Leontine.

“I know that if Tidwell can't get Leontine in his hand, it'd damage your partnership and affect your business badly.”

“There are a lot of people who wanted it to happen, so that's already given.”

“He's going to fully return to the life when he wasn't a Leontine. I'd like you to prevent that.”

So he doesn't feel too bad when he loses Leontine, and he doesn't try to use another trick to devour Leontine.

'The reason why Tidwell stepped into Leontine is because of revenge anyway.'

In other words, Tidwell would not want to acquire Leontine if he achieved his revenge and had nothing more to desire from Leontine.

Of course, she expected him to get angry for getting tricked by her, but his desire for revenge would come first.

So Ravia brought Marquis Callister to Tidwell and offered Herod a deal. It was her own way to put things in place.