Chapter 61

After Herod received the message, he thought to himself.

'It seems this woman has figured out everything.'

What Ravia meant to say had been perfectly conveyed.

Her message was meant to humble him.

Herod thought he had the upper hand in this sticky situation. He happened to overhear Ravia and Tidwell's conversation, whereas they had had no idea at all.

After him would be Tidwell, and the one with the greatest disadvantage would be Ravia.

But Ravia successfully turned the game around. If Ravia knew everything, then she would never lose.

So Herod was lost in thought for a moment.

'Should I talk to Tidwell? Why does he need to pretend to be someone else, anyway?'

Of course, had he been in that situation, Herod would have done the same thing without a second thought.

But Herod wanted to take advantage of this situation without directly getting involved and was now facing a dilemma.

'I really don't want to get on Tidwell's bad side, though.'

The problem was, Tidwell was really into his sister more than he imagined.

It would have been a different story if Ravia was just an obstacle for Tidwell to take over Leontine. It would be possible to negotiate with Tidwell and rescue Ravia.

But Ravia had become an object that Tidwell sought.

Of course, Tidwell denied it so far, but Herod wasn't someone who was easily convinced by such denial.

It was clear Tidwell would bare his fangs the second Herod approached Ravia.

Therefore, talking to Tidwell about this matter seemed the better solution.

'In the end, it's either Tidwell or Ravia Leontine. Do I need to give up one of them?'

Either teamed up with Tidwell or made a deal with Ravia Leontine.

He hoped to meet Ravia in person to gauge how much she knew. Because of Tidwell, he was unable to approach her carelessly.

But Rette came into the picture just when Herod was stuck between two difficult choices. Rette happened to bump into Ravia Leontine and wanted to meet her again.

'I was thinking about how to win over Ravia Leontine without getting on Tidwell's bad side.'

He didn't expect the help from Rette. Thus, a very interesting picture emerged in Herod's mind.

As always, he took a step back and smiled at the chess pieces arranged on his board.

There was the most brilliant Queen among the chess pieces. Today as well, his Chunhee didn't disappoint him.

Clever and elegant, as always.

When she discerned Rette's secret just by exchanging a few words, or when she noticed he sneaked behind Rette, he couldn't help but feel a thrill.