Chapter 63

There was nothing she could do except rack her brain from the beginning. Herod's involvement in Tidwell's plan to seize Leontine was already written in the book.

In the book, Herod didn't even intend to wait until Tidwell fully took over Leontine.

'Since Orpheus is considered weak in the aristocratic world, he decided to use Leontine to gain power.'

Whether there was a specific reason or not, Herod needed Tidwell to possess Leontine as soon as possible. So he shared detailed information of the Dark Flower with the emperor.

[A drug called Dark Flower has been distributed recently, and the person who distributes it is Leontine's adopted son, Tidwell.]

The Emperor agonized over this. There was a need to use the Dark Flower to control the situation, but he shouldn't be hasty in handling this circumstance.

'If things go wrong, I might have gotten on Leontine's bad side.'

Leontine was the only family who stood firm even when many noble families fell due to the famine a few years ago.

A very influential family who was also a loyal servant of the emperor. Other families may not have mattered to him, but the emperor couldn't discount Leontine for sure.

So as a last form of his affection toward Leontine, the Emperor summoned Duke Leontine to leave the choice to him.

He was giving Duke Leontine consideration to uncover the truth about the Dark Flower and let him make a choice after knowing the truth by himself.

Either cut Tidwell off from the family or embrace him, which could lead to Leontine's extinction as a whole.

Eventually, [His and Her Spring] proceeded without any twist. Duke Leontine, who definitely said that he went to the outskirts for inspection, was seen around the production site of Dark Flower. So Tidwell killed him without hesitation.

Tidwell's next victim was obviously Ravia. And she recalled him saying to her, 'Your assassination attempts were all useless.'

But this time, Ravia already knew how things would progress. After her father dies, she'll be next.

So she was determined to announce her marriage before her father left for inspection. That is, only if she didn't notice Tidwell's feelings.

So what she needed to worry about the most at this moment wasn't her life, but how to escape Tidwell's evil grasp.

Krrt-

The fence Ravia was holding onto began to rot and break very quickly.

The fall ability: corrosion.

It was proof that Herod was emotionally affected by what Ravia said just a while ago.

When he moved his hands a little, he could clearly see the tip of his gloves getting worn.

'If I hold onto my power just a little bit longer, I'll hurt my hand for sure.'

A lot of problems would arise if he was unable to control his ability like this every time.