Chapter 41

The tea party held in the library instead of the Orangery was very plain. Ravia chatted lightly to pass time, and Tidwell was also a good conversation partner.

She was worried that she might be poisoned with the Dark Flower, but there was no scent of magnolia or drug in her tea.

It was such an 'ordinary tea party', it made her question why Tidwell was willing to drink tea with her.

To tie her leg? For surveillance? If that was the reason, he didn't have to go this far, he could have just met her like he did the other day.

So Ravia called the least vigilant person, Clovia, and asked about how the situation was in Orangery that day.

“I'm not very knowledgeable about high society parties, but I felt he worked really hard to prepare for it. No one would have thought of using the Cheoville fabric, which only releases 12 pieces a year, as a tablecloth!”

As expected, Clovia explained in great detail, as if she had been invited to the tea party herself.

The tea party, which used only the finest and rare fabric as a tablecloth, was obviously very far from the simplicity that a library presented.

“Every flower pot that hung in the air was decorated with amethysts and diamonds, and the tableware was all made of gold. Ah, what amazed me the most was a song that played in the Orangery. I was wondering where that sound came from…turns out there's a spinning music box! I've never seen such a big music box!”

“…There was something like that?”

“Yes! Vincent said it was Count Milrea's collection. He followed Master to the auction house and saw it once. Maybe the Young Master borrowed it from the count….”

Duke Leontine often brought Vincent along with him. He was quick-witted and reticent. He came to the mansion as a footman, but was promoted due to his capability.

Any information from Vincent was highly reliable. So it must be true that Tidwell borrowed Count Milrea's treasured item.

'Tidwell, why are you going this far?'

She couldn't help but be surprised. Of course, Count Milrea was busy laundering money, so it would be natural that he was connected to Tidwell, who managed illegal funds in the underworld.

What surprised her was the fact that Tidwell went to all the trouble for a tea party that lasted only a few hours.

But what surprised her the most was this:

'I don't know how you brought so many flowers. Plus, you gathered flowers from various seasons, as if you swept away a year's worth of flowers.'

Ravia had no idea where he heard that she liked flowers, but it seemed he had collected a lot of flowers that weren't in season and filled the Orangery.

Neither the jewelled ornaments nor the music box surprised her. People like Tidwell would easily acquire it with money like it was nothing.

However, collecting flowers from different seasons wasn't something that could be acquired by money. Yet he was able to effect so much change to the environment like that.