Chapter 70

When Ravia heard the question, she realized that Herod caught on to her feelings.

The heart is always clearer from the eyes of others than what you truly feel.

So even if Herod, whom she just met, asked such a question….it only meant that Ravia's feelings toward Tidwell were quite special.

But now that she had gotten this far, there was only one thing she could say.

-We were strangers from the start.

So nothing really matters now. That was her point.

Listening to Ravia's answer, Herod did not add anything other than the formal response 'I see.'

Maybe it was similar to how he didn't try to pry into Tidwell's 'personal reason' for aiming for Leontine.

That's why the conversation ended at that time. Unlike the previous ones, their last exchange did not flow so sharply.

So Ravia quickly erased the conversation from her head.

No, she tried to. But looking at Tidwell, the conversation kept repeating in her mind.

That his love will cool someday, and he will surely turn his back on her when he learns of her actions. And even when she said it didn't matter to her….

In the peaceful silence, she continued to act like a snowman left out in the hot summer. Being able to melt alone while being surrounded by a peaceful landscape is a talent in itself.

Her inability to feel peace was perhaps a bad habit that she hadn't fixed for a long time.

It felt like there was a hole in her chest, and it spread through her body. Unable to bear the hollows in her chest, veins, and even fingertips, Ravia slowly pushed him away.

“….Come to think of it, I forgot I have an appointment today.”

She thought he'd complain or hold onto her as he did a while ago. Despite her worries, Tidwell shook off his disappointment by kissing the back of Ravia's hand.

“Are you going back late?”

She planned to visit Cheshire Cat, and if she couldn't meet Crow, she might be able to return early. She knew that errand boys usually have more than one client.

'That seems to be the case, especially for Crow,' Ravia thought as she picked up her neatly folded clothes from the table.

When looking for an errand boy, the client usually informs the guild of the requirements first. Whether they want someone quick thinking, someone who is good at extracting information, or someone good at infiltration and camouflage.

The client will see a book that records the specialties of each errand boy and get recommendations for the suitable person, or the client can choose for themselves.

But Ravia did not choose Crow.

For some reason, Crow was assigned to her after she cut her hair and answered a question about the meaning of the Cheshire Cat.

Of course, from Ravia's perspective, she was fine with anyone as long as they could do their job well, so she accepted Crow without a second thought.