Chapter 102

There was a woman he loved.

She smiled as she looked at him. He was drawn in by her gentle smile, which reminded him of a willow tree.

She was simply irresistible.

That deep and pure attraction was so ordinary that watching the sunsets and the moonrises seemed more refreshing.

So he chased that woman. Ignoring the cracks that occurred to that woman each step he took.

Rather than ignoring it, it’d be right to say that he had no time to care about it.

He was so fixated on getting closer, that he wouldn’t have time to care about those tiny fragments of gold.

By the time their distance narrowed, the woman had nothing in her body that wasn’t broken.

Still, she smiled. Still, she was in his hands.

That was all that mattered. He thought to himself.

He was content with whatever form she had as long as she was in his hands. Wouldn’t it be fine if he just trimmed the broken parts?

As his mind raced with that idea, Ravia said.

“I’m the one who tried to kill you.”

The moment Tidwell realised the deception behind her smile, the woman that he had held dearly shattered into pieces.

A broken piece is just a broken piece no matter how many times you pick it up.

Then his surroundings cleared up amid the overwhelming despair.

He stood there and watched the woman smash her whole body.

His mind spiralled back to all the omens he ignored as he inched closer to her.

That selfishness and arrogance. The greed that brings about destruction. The ignorance that couldn’t discern lies from truth.

And so he was thrown into the wilderness once again.

The place where the old king’s cries were drowned in the wind.

In a desolate place that people destined for tragedy have to endure. From afar, he could hear Lady Macbeth screaming.

“This hand! This unwashable bloodstain! Is there anything more frightening than watching a body turn into a corpse by my own hand? Aaagh…I’m scared!”

The cries and screams of lunatics in the middle of nowhere.

Only then did the man realise that he held a fragment that could easily be blown away by wind.

I killed her.

I .

I…..

“…ster, Young Master! Are you awake?!”

Tidwell opened his eyes. It was strange to see people still screaming even after waking up from his dream.

He had no idea of the situation he was in, but he regretted that he was still alive.

The moment Tidwell tried to close his eyes, he heard the conversation between the butler and the head maid.

“…my Lady is still in critical condition…”

“…let’s call all the doctors in the capital…”

He hadn’t fully grasped the conversation, yet his body reacted first. It wasn’t until Tidwell sat up that he began to process what he heard.

My Lady is still in a critical condition.

Let’s call all the doctors in the capital.

All those words pointed to one thing. So he unknowingly mumbled out words.