Chapter 100

It was really fortunate that the carriage ‘fell.’

Because the guy who initiated this whole chaos didn’t have the same level of skill as the person who killed Duke Leontine.

They didn’t hit the bell on time so that the horse didn’t run straight to the wall and smash the whole carriage against it.

Even though the carriage that fell down the bridge wasn’t completely destroyed, it was much better than having a full-speed horse hurled you against the wall.

Not to mention the target was pretty tough.

“Cough, cough!”

Tidwell pulled himself from the carriage wreckage. The dust made him cough, but he was fairly okay.

Of course, he had experienced this kind of life-threatening accident several times, so he knew the position and spot that would be most protected.

He limped from being stuck in the rubble, and blood flowed from his head, so he wasn’t left unscathed.

The bloody odor pricked his nose each time he coughed. Maybe the inner part of his mouth burst due to the shock.

His ribs seemed to have been dislocated judging by how painful it was each time he coughed.

‘I’m glad it’s not completely broken.’

Why now of all times?

Tidwell coughed a few more times and spit blood as he limped over to the coachman’s location.

To be exact, toward a pile of rubble.

The coachman was definitely dead. There was nothing strange about it since he had been dragged by a horse running at full-speed and fell down the bridge.

But it was a tricky situation. Tidwell clicked his tongue without any sense of urgency.

‘I have to go to the Imperial Palace.’

He was unable to rest because even the slightest variable would bring a different outcome.

He pulled the dead coachman out, examined his arms and thought.

‘I’m sure it was done by an amateur.’

The sly underworld people wouldn’t make such a clamorous accident.

Tidwell was the perfect example of that. He always made it so subtle that there would never be any proof left on the scene.

Anyone with the knowledge wouldn’t use such a conspicuous method.

But using a bell?

Isn’t that too loud? It was very similar to his method, but it was overly complicated.

As if they didn’t care if they got caught!

“Ugh!”

He heard a groan erupt from behind him.

In a flash, Tidwell pulled a knife from his sleeve and swung the blade behind.

The knife definitely cut into something, but it couldn’t go deeper.

Because the man who had emerged from the shadows held his hand and took a few steps back. And there he heard the man exclaim, ‘Damn it!’

In his fading consciousness, Tidwell recognized the owner of that voice.

And his thought became a conviction the moment that mysterious person came out of the shadow.

Tidwell scoffed when he recognized that face.