Chapter 97

Were there any humane ways to handle a beast?

Ravia decided to keep the truth from Tidwell. When his misunderstanding had ruined everything, what good could the truth bring?

The truth that Ravia was destined to die for Tidwell’s sake, and that she still had a tenuous love for him.

And that she wanted to build a future where no one died, and they could live together….

Would he believe it if she told him?

Now that Tidwell had ruined everything, what good could those confessions bring?

When he’d rather suspect her for plotting against him, and try to tie her up.

Just as he did to Leticia in her previous life.

His selfishness and the sins he committed made him untrustworthy.

It was only natural that Ravia distrust him.

He had deceived her all along, sabotaged her life, and ultimately crushed her final plan– the one she had staked everything on.

It was only natural that Ravia would have a really hard time believing him when he said that he loved her.

Meanwhile, Tidwell had this thought.

Ravia doesn’t love him, she hates him instead. So adding a little bit of hatred on top of it didn’t make much difference.

Ravia had no intention of revealing anything to the man who refused to listen to her and instead chose to follow the path of sin.

No, he didn’t deserve to hear the truth in the first place.

The only thing he deserved was a payback.

Only revenge.

There was something Tidwell overlooked about this situation.

About the woman he dearly wanted.

As Tidwell himself said, the most frightening thing for him to imagine was a life without Ravia.

So, did he notice others’ revenge? Did he know that Ravia wasn’t the only one who hated him?

Ironically, he had always lived under constant threats and assassination attempts, yet he had not the slightest idea that someone wanted him dead.

And what if that person was someone he didn’t care about at all?

Ravia opened the carriage door. A man in a hunting cap hurriedly bowed down.

But he couldn’t hide his face. Ravia was able to find traces of tears on his face without difficulty.

So she called him in a slightly sad tone.

“Vincent.”

A loyal servant of Duke Leontine. One of the few people who shed real tears in this fraudulent mourning period.

He probably wouldn’t have been here if Duke Leontine hadn’t ordered him to bring Ravia to the villa.

He would have been the victim along with Duke Leontine.

It was rather unfortunate that he survived due to Duke Leontine’s fatherly love.

Although it was funny to apply the word ‘unfortunate’ to somebody who managed to survive.

But it was normal that the word ‘unfortunate’ fell on those who survived rather than the dead.

So Ravia was trying to take advantage of Duke Leontine’s funeral today.