Chapter 62

She just said that she won't marry him.

Herod paused for a moment because the words sounded a little too strange.

In other words, it felt like the ink bottle had closed its own lid.

Herod had a lot of things planned in his head prior to his meeting with Ravia today.

He planned to use Rette to meet Ravia and make excuses about the earring and substitute matter.

And discuss the deal with Ravia.

Naturally, there were many variables considering his opponent was Ravia Leontine, but Herod already considered every possibility. He even thought about getting slapped by Ravia.

“I apologize for withdrawing from our deal. But surely you must be able to take that much considering you've wronged me before.”

Ravia's words had successfully overturned all of his calculations.

The ink bottle closed on its own, which meant he was no longer able to draw further.

Herod asked back, not realizing that he was losing control over his facial expression.

“…So suddenly? Are you saying that we should drop our marriage talks?”

“Yeah. We haven't even written our marriage contract, and there's nothing going on between us that could lock up the deal.”

“T-That's a bit….baffling.”

“There's nothing we can do. I think we both agree that we can't expect to get informed on every matter. I never expected that my marriage partner was fooling me, either. And look what's happened?”

Herod finally came to his senses at Ravia's words.

'….I almost got carried away.'

Apparently, it was Ravia who held the reins in this conversation. She made use of Herod's mistake and turned the game around by announcing that she won't marry him.

'Why did you suddenly change your mind?'

Not long ago, she seemed to be trying to get away from Tidwell. It was only a few weeks ago Ravia decided she was leaving this place.

'I don't know if Tidwell coaxed you in between.'

If possible, he wanted to know what caused her to change and her current goal, but it was impossible right now.

Herod gritted his teeth.

'Ravia is my only key to the spring user. I can't lose her like this.'

Thankfully, he was experienced in dealing with capricious trading partners. And he, too, had a hidden card.

Herod calmed down and slowly opened his mouth.

“It may sound cliché, but I want to know why you're going to withdraw first. I don't know what kind of situation you're in, but it's very important to me to find a spring user.”

“I guess so. Your left shoulder looks very uncomfortable.”

“…It seems like you're very knowledgeable about the four season abilities.”