Chapter 9

Swallowing a bitter smile, Ravia continued.

“Isn't it because I didn't run into father while I was outside?”

“That's not the problem. You should've notified me before you went out. I was worried something bad happened while you're outside.”

“Are you worried about me?”

The question made Duke Leontine crease his eyebrows. He couldn't exactly interpret what Ravia meant by that.

Was it a positive or negative question?

Whether she was asking if he was worried about her or she was doubting if he truly is worried about her,

He didn't care either way.

He didn't give an answer either.

Ravia took off the cape draped around her shoulders and hung it on the chair.

“Don't be anxious just because I escaped your eyes for a while, father. I'm not hurt anywhere, and you can know where I went if you ask the coachman. So please ask him.”

“Ravia, are you rebelling now?”

“Rebelling…”

Ravia thought about that word over and over again. Rebel. Rebelling?

“If I'm rebelling, I wouldn't have been doing this here.”

“What?”

“Haven't I done everything you told me to? Become someone worthy of succession, don't stand out, give your spot to Tidwell, and get married.”

Were there any instances where she rebelled against him? Ravia's voice was sharply jabbing Duke Leontine.

“To think you deemed me rebelling for taking a night stroll….. You wouldn't say that if you have any shame.”

“Such an insolent mouth!”

“Yeah, I have no manners. I can't help it. I grew up without proper care from my mother and father after all.”

Ravia smiled, then she shook the bell placed on her dressing table.

When the clinking sound was heard, the maid opened the door. She combed her dry hair and ordered the maid to prepare a bath.

Until all that was done, she acted as if Duke Leontine did not exist in the room.

It was different from the past when she always glanced over him in order to start a conversation.

She threw off the accessories and gloves she had on, then she looked back at Duke Leontine as if she just remembered his presence before leaving the room.

“I'm going to take a bath. Are you going to stay here?”

There was no answer. He only cast a deadly stare.

Did he feel a little embarrassed because he just vexed me for nothing?

Ravia couldn't know for sure.