Chapter 77

Tidwell noticed something odd about Ravia the moment she showed up with her head in the clouds.

First, she came to his room on her own.

Then, she stood in the doorway without saying a word.

Her gaze was fixed on him, but he became anxious when her thoughts seemed to wander elsewhere.

His anxiety was justifiable.

Because the way Ravia said she got lost seemed to imply that she had proven herself wrong.

However, his anxiety revealed its weight when it overlapped with other emotions.

Even though Tidwell didn't want to be conscious of it, his anxiety brought back familiar memories.

Ravia had fed him sleeping pills, deceived him with love, and finally this morning…

–…I forgot that I have an appointment today.

Ravia had no idea how uncomfortable she looked when she said that. A type of expression that was different from contempt or hatred.

As a man who was used to seeing all kinds of repulsive expressions, he generally classified those repulsive feelings according to one criterion.

That was the direction of the arrow.

An expression that indicated whether the arrow was aimed at others or at oneself.

Or, in this case, when she was facing an object, there was undoubtedly a difference.

The pain of being stabbed with a sharp knife was similar to the pain of being beaten with a blunt object.

But that wasn't the case with Ravia.

Tidwell thought he saw the arrow she had pointed at herself.

Faced with the truth, he couldn't help but wonder.

Why do you look like that? Why did you get lost? Why did you keep walking past me without even looking back, as if you were going to retract your words and deny me?

Don't you realize the beast you've unleashed can actually bite you?

It may be docile in your arms, but if you take your hands off it for even a second, the beast will surely destroy one of your limbs….

'…No, I shouldn't do that.'

He must maintain his patience like usual.

Tidwell questioned her in a low tone, “You started it, Sister. Don't try to deny it.”

“I've never denied it.”

“Then why don't you face me?”

“Am I not facing you now?”

“Don't you remember me pulling you, Sister?”

Tidwell grasped Ravia's wrist as if to shackle her. His large hand, slightly larger than Ravia's, slid down her arm and pressed it firmly.